Crash during Down Town (files attached)

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

wizard1073

Crash during Down Town (files attached)

Post by wizard1073 »

I experienced three prior crashes that simply froze the application. I restarted using the autosave each time, and was able to push the scenario a couple minutes forward each time, but no more. Finally, I got the "make a screenshot and send it to us" message. It is attached in the zip file along with the autosave files.
Attachments
Upload.zip
(3.54 MiB) Not downloaded yet
mikmykWS

RE: Crash during Down Town (files attached)

Post by mikmykWS »

Sorry that happened. I've logged this but hopefully this is something we're already handled in a future update. What version of the game are you currently running?

Mike
wizard1073

Post by wizard1073 »

Running v1.03 (build 504). I always save right after setting up all my missions. I will see if that runs the same way. If so, I will post it.

You all have created a great game. I understand how complicated this thing is, so I very much appreciate your continuing to work so hard to perfect it.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Okay if you can grab the newest version here (538)

tm.asp?m=3622448&mpage=2&key=

Mike
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Any update on this?
wizard1073

Post by wizard1073 »

I didn't upgrade as you suggested due to the problems users noticed in the release candidates. I did re-run the scenario (see attachment) from the first save point, which is after missions are created and some groups of aircraft are manually launched. I did modify the mission start time for Target 1 and Target 2, and that didn't quite behave as I expected--perhaps due to the manual launches. I also saved it again (see attachment). After that I let it run in 1:1 until it crashed some time later (about an hour?). Also attached are the Autosaves.

I think I will need to re-run from scratch to do more. I haven't had time to do that, but will try soon.
Attachments
Scenarios.zip
(2.12 MiB) Not downloaded yet
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

I am not sure there is much you can gain from running any tests on anything but the latest builds. They were built to specifically fix crashes in complex scenarios.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

ORIGINAL: wizard1073

I didn't upgrade as you suggested due to the problems users noticed in the release candidates. I did re-run the scenario (see attachment) from the first save point, which is after missions are created and some groups of aircraft are manually launched. I did modify the mission start time for Target 1 and Target 2, and that didn't quite behave as I expected--perhaps due to the manual launches. I also saved it again (see attachment). After that I let it run in 1:1 until it crashed some time later (about an hour?). Also attached are the Autosaves.

I think I will need to re-run from scratch to do more. I haven't had time to do that, but will try soon.

Updating is your best bet. If you'd like to wait we expect an official build to be released very soon.

Thanks!

Mike
wizard1073

Post by wizard1073 »

That's fine. I will be happy to try again once the next stable build comes out. I've seen the build rolls pile up as you work toward that next stable release. Keep up the good work!

To close out this thread: I reran from scratch. If I touch nothing, I can easily run accelerated time no-pulse without a sweat all the way through the scenario. Trying it with my missions crashed it again after almost exactly half an hour of game time. Looks like it happened while my first target strike group was forming up.

Return to “Tech Support”