Question about LOS

A sub-forum for players new to WIF, containing information on how to get started and become an experienced player.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Mayhemizer_slith

Question about LOS

Post by Mayhemizer_slith »

I'm playing with Limited Overseas Supply and I wonder one thing:

Does the convoy used for supply line also bring resources to factories? With Italians I had one convoy in Italian Coast and another in Eastern Mediterranean Sea. Resource from Sardinia was idle until I put another convoy to Italian Coast.

If it is like this, can anyone please post good convoy line set ups for CW, France, Italians, USA and Japan when using LOS?
If your attack is going really well, it's an ambush.

-Murphy's war law
Ur_Vile_WEdge

RE: Question about LOS

Post by Ur_Vile_WEdge »

Does the convoy for supply also transport resources? Oh yes. It's sweet if you can keep it alive.

U.S. and Japan's convoy systems start basic but will expand in scope as the war goes on. With Italy, I usually just start with one CP in each of the 3 med zones, and the rest in La Spezia as reserve.

I had a setup for a combined France and CW around somewhere, when I get home and a chance to look through my HD I'll post it up: It assumes oil, LOS, no Food in Flames, SiF, but no CLiF or CoiF. It might not be entirely applicable if you're playing with a different set of options.
"When beset by danger,
When in deadly doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout."
Mayhemizer_slith

Please see my situation. 1 CP in Italian Coast and resource in Sardinia is idle.
Attachments
LOS.jpg
LOS.jpg (564.78 KiB) Viewed 83 times

-Murphy's war law
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

You should be able to send the resource to Italy itself manually if the program doesn't allow you to do so. If you can't get that to work, please state the version number and put a saved game in here, so we can investigate.
Peter
Mayhemizer_slith

ORIGINAL: Centuur

You should be able to send the resource to Italy itself manually if the program doesn't allow you to do so. If you can't get that to work, please state the version number and put a saved game in here, so we can investigate.

Thank you, that worked out! Maybe I should do all tutorials :)

-Murphy's war law
Ur_Vile_WEdge

Post by Ur_Vile_WEdge »

This is an old note file of where I would put out my first turn CW convoys for full production. IIRC, I relied on using Persian, Burmese, and NEI oil, at least for the first few turns (store and use the next turn) and to get 15 to ship to the UK, I used.

1 from Portugal (beat them up)
2 from Australia to Canada, which lets you ship
5 regular and 1 oil from Canada to CW
3 oil from Venezuela to CW
1 oil and 1 regular from British Guyana to CW.
3 from South Africa.

Sooner or later, the Netherlands are likely to enter the war, and the Belgians certainly will, which give you another resource from Belgian Congo and Dutch Guyana, which can be used to free up more oil. If France is still kicking though, you might be stretched if you want to help them provide resources as well.
Attachments
WiFfirst..stingCW.jpg
WiFfirst..stingCW.jpg (125.26 KiB) Viewed 82 times
"When beset by danger,
When in deadly doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout."

Return to “WIF School”