Corruption

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Fleshbits

Corruption

Post by Fleshbits »

I don't understand how I have such high corruption everywhere.
The colony right next to my capitol is 70% corruption!?

I have regional 3 capitals too, but all except the actual colony where they are have rampant corruption.
My leader doesn't have a neg corruption. What could be making it so high?
Windows 7 64 bit, i7 930, GTX670, 12 gig DDR 1300
Kantay

RE: Corruption

Post by Kantay »

The universe settings when starting new game has a slider that adjusts this and I believe your overall game difficulty does as well.
Fleshbits

Post by Fleshbits »

Sure. I played a hard difficulty game, but corruption was set to normal.
I wouldn't expect that to make it jump from 0 to 70% on a colony next to the capital...
Tormodino

Post by Tormodino »

Pirate bases will increase corruption, as well as unhappiness. I have not been able to confirm that unhappiness does this, but my unhappy planets usually have higher corruption. Pirate bases definitely do, though.

For testing purposes, could you make a save, go in and edit away pirate bases, add troops, starbase and some happiness increasing building as well as some development increasing luxuries just to see how the value fluctuatues?
Also might be related to espionage, but I am not sure if there is a mission which increases corruption.
btd64

Post by btd64 »

ORIGINAL: Tormodino

Pirate bases will increase corruption, as well as unhappiness. I have not been able to confirm that unhappiness does this, but my unhappy planets usually have higher corruption. Pirate bases definitely do, though.

For testing purposes, could you make a save, go in and edit away pirate bases, add troops, starbase and some happiness increasing building as well as some development increasing luxuries just to see how the value fluctuatues?
Also might be related to espionage, but I am not sure if there is a mission which increases corruption.

It is the pirates most likely. Build or drop off some troops and get rid of them. Then the corruption will go down. GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
Fleshbits

Post by Fleshbits »

I have no pirates anywhere in my empire and def no pirate bases.

I think I see a trend as I am looking over my colonies tonight, in that most of the colonies that have a larger portion of other races seem to have higher corruption. I am not positive this is the effect, but I am going to enact a resettle on everything with > 10,000M pop and see if their corruption lowers any. Whatcha think? Do you guys see the same pattern in your games with difficulty at hard or above?

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”