About automation buy and research

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Burocktr

About automation buy and research

Post by Burocktr »

PROBLEM UPDATED AND EDİTED:

Hello,i have bought all distant worlds series before and universe (i have steam version from matrix key)so my problem is (non-steam version ,vanilla from normal download)so problem when i make automate things or ESPECİALLY WHEN İ DO SUGGEST TO BUİLT things from ai,theres a bug or gameplay issue ,becouse i cant see suggestions,For true grammer i meant this:

-when AI suggest something i cant see that things simple and dissappear from my screen,and its happens more money then can you spend more then 10k between 0(zero) cash ,have positive cashflow or negative cashflow its doesnt matter ,simply, its only suggest menu appear when this happens example ,when i have 5.300 money suggest menu i can see and other suggest menus(colonize,built,order and suggestion built facility etc) and if there is more than 10.000 credits its not show up that menu and when instantly money depleted i can see there suggestions but and they are dissappear at once.so i can't select suggestions and they dissappear from my screen.So when you have more then 10 k or something like that you cant see suggestion menus at all...Also its happeans game in early stages like prewarp,Problem UPDATE:

-After uninstall complete vanilla version download from matrix games,and i reinstalled from steam and problem still continues.But i when my grow empire and cashflow raises and instead money theres a suggestion questions menus at there but i cant see in game screen still(on right side of screen where of the questions mark,they are at there but its shows me theres a no suggestions),they only showen when money go low or depleted and instantly,and dissappear at once.So i cant select them at all and even select them theres no money for them or budget.
Its a bug?or windows compalibility errors?becouse i was using turkish os win 7 home pre,its terrible and ruin game,please i waiting respond maybe patch about it..

-Also i have problems about research ,in automated research it doesnt research good weapons(like blasters,non blaster weapons or area weapons, only ai research troops or other stuff)if something need to attach file i can send it,and i did changes in policy screen nothing works functionally.And sorry with grammer if somethings is wrong.
Note:Also i sent ticket,and i searched in forums nothing like fount,if theres please stick with it
-And last thing is economy more poor and less freighters gona built at empires.And cant even retroit military ships at all or autamate

Note:i playing at moment humans only and as empire faction republic, huge map pre warp options all of them..
Burocktr

RE: About automation buy and research

Post by Burocktr »

bump
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

I have trouble understanding exactly what the problem is.

One thing is that the build order screen suggestion is recalculated when you open it. Sometimes the AI runs a check on "cash on hand" and suggest extra builds based on this, while usually it is limited by cashflow.

This means you can see suggestion for "build stuff for 100k", and see nothing if you open the build screen.

If you have other issues than this, I noticed that you are Turkish, and you may want to try to set your windows region to English to test if DW has particular issues with Turkish regional. Yes, there is a common error with Turkish that has confused me quite a lot in the past :)

On automated research it focuses on what is in the research properties, which is tied to what is used in the AI ship designs. If the AI design use rail guns and missiles, it will only research rail guns and missiles since that is set as tech focus. You can tweak (and look at) the AI setting in the Empire Policy screen. Which items are used in AI ship design is set in the design templates.
Burocktr

Post by Burocktr »

ORIGINAL: Bingeling

I have trouble understanding exactly what the problem is.

One thing is that the build order screen suggestion is recalculated when you open it. Sometimes the AI runs a check on "cash on hand" and suggest extra builds based on this, while usually it is limited by cashflow.

This means you can see suggestion for "build stuff for 100k", and see nothing if you open the build screen.

If you have other issues than this, I noticed that you are Turkish, and you may want to try to set your windows region to English to test if DW has particular issues with Turkish regional. Yes, there is a common error with Turkish that has confused me quite a lot in the past :)

On automated research it focuses on what is in the research properties, which is tied to what is used in the AI ship designs. If the AI design use rail guns and missiles, it will only research rail guns and missiles since that is set as tech focus. You can tweak (and look at) the AI setting in the Empire Policy screen. Which items are used in AI ship design is set in the design templates.

Thanks bingeling for responce,yes i know its hard to understand and hard to tell also,wish i can upload that moment as video and post it..As i can say only this; when money decrease suggestion menus (on right top below cash) appear only that time and disseappear after it as quickly,if money raising i cant see suggestions..sorry for bad language, as i see its hard tell as i see at moment mmh :/[8|]
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

You should have an idea about you need, and use the suggested builds as a prompt about how much money you could possibly use.

The issue is probably, as I said, that the AI once in a while runs a job that checks if there is a lot of cash on hands, and spend some of it. This is the suggestion that is gone when you try to check it out.
Burocktr

Post by Burocktr »

yes but i cant even select them even theres money becouse they are dissappear and sometimes even select there is not enought money for them.Only i can built myself .so then its useless for automation for suggestion i can only play manual or only fully automate.At moment i changed my location and other things to english and in roaming section i deleted distant worlds section and reopened game now begining from fresh and try like this...
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

Changing region is only relevant if there is a "turkish bug" in the program, in which case it would be more oddities and the general build advisory we discussed. I have no idea if the issue is even relevant in the language used for distant worlds :)
Burocktr

Post by Burocktr »

"pycco thanks for reply and i know all of them but problem is,its not that as you see.I try mean advisor suggestions on top below cash they not appear at all the time,only they appear when theres enought money or low on hand cash ,i thinks its bug or something like that if i can only see that (but its not my first distant worlds i playing this 2 years like),its happend later after 9.0 patch.Anyway threat be can be delete from moderators.Becouse i posted on tech support section.i wanted be sure its bug or not."

-i writed this pycco also anyway thank you too and yes its not my first time to play distant worlds i played 2 years but its happens after this patches and its buged i think (if im wrong)but its happens at everybody?or only as me?and more thing is why ai advisor suggestions when theres no enought money or money low,also i know even money raising there is the suggestions from advisor but i cant see them on my screen,i can see them only when theres not enought money as i said at top.And they dissappear all of them becouse no more money left them for them..its relevant to bug im sure.Also i do this on new computer when i get soon but i think its not change anything i dont know.
elliotg

Post by elliotg »

Hi Burocktr

Thanks for that report. I just want to confirm that I understand you correctly:

You are saying that when your cash and cashflow are positive (you have enough money to build new ships), then the advisor build suggestions don't show up? But they do show up when you DON'T have much money?

Is that correct?

Just to let you know how things work here:
- Firstly all advisor suggestion messages will eventually expire and disappear - the longest they stay on the screen is about 3 game months.
- The advisor suggestions that show up at screen-right are regularly reviewed when they relate to cash on hand, and may be removed or updated as your cash on hand and cashflow changes. For example the Ship Building suggestion will update the amount of ships suggested to build based on cash and cashflow. If you no longer have enough cash or cashflow to build any ships at all, then the message will be completely removed.

Hope that helps you understand how things work. Maybe this explains what you are seeing?

Thanks
Elliot
Burocktr

Post by Burocktr »

ORIGINAL: elliotg

Hi Burocktr

Thanks for that report. I just want to confirm that I understand you correctly:

You are saying that when your cash and cashflow are positive (you have enough money to build new ships), then the advisor build suggestions don't show up? But they do show up when you DON'T have much money?

Is that correct?

Elliot

Thanks for reply.Yes i mean like that elliot.For i mean ,advisor suggesting to build ships or facility etc .I have enought cash and cashflow;like 40-60k cash on my hand and cashflow 4-8k but theres advisor suggestions on right side corner but i cant see them becouse they are invisible and they only appear when money gone or depleted and disseappear quickly. Cant check them.Also even choose them like gona build 20k Science academy cant build that from advisor suggestion becouse theres is no money for build.Other things like ships,facilitys or colony ships,refit also same on this hand.That the problem.Wish i can post on youtube this for more understanding.Sorry for grammer at start,i believe people misunderstanding..

necaradan666

Post by necaradan666 »

sounds like a screen refresh problem? The advisor suggestions are there but not visible until credit amount changes refreshing the UI? Or perhaps they don't show up at all until cashflow changes to a negative whereupon they appear and then instantly expire because there are no credits available to accept them.
Burocktr

Post by Burocktr »

ORIGINAL: necaradan666
Or perhaps they don't show up at all until cashflow changes to a negative whereupon they appear and then instantly expire because there are no credits available to accept them.
yes exactly but when appears theres no money for it and not only about cashflow,sometimes money gone for other things like smuggling for colonys or somethings i dont know.
ounds like a screen refresh problem? The advisor suggestions are there but not visible until credit amount changes refreshing the UI?
yes i suppose
Burocktr

Post by Burocktr »

hello again i uploading also my save files from filezilla and support,hope developers answer back also,so for my understanding when money spend or decresea only advisor suggestions show up?or theres when money got or increase advisor suggestion show up also on ui?
Burocktr

Post by Burocktr »

like i mean this but problem is when money is spend for something advisor suggestions show up later ,they disseappear quickly sometimes..as like up there said.waiting replys thanks(please look 2.38 sorry for bad upload ,my upload limited )

Return to “Tech Support”