(Expansion Planner) Potenial Mining Locations

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Verjigorm

(Expansion Planner) Potenial Mining Locations

Post by Verjigorm »

Hey,

there's a problem with this list. It's often empty (early in game, having stolen a Galaxy Map from the Guardians, so it should be full of possible planets), sometimes I had only two possible targets in the list.
Choosing the next options gives me the full list to scroll up and down.

Someone an idea?

Regards
Verjigorm
[center]Lost dark soul, imprisoned abysmal desire
plunged in flames, gone through hellfire[/center]
ldog

RE: (Expansion Planner) Potenial Mining Locations

Post by ldog »

The list kinda sucks to be honest.
It doesn't sort itself by priority and the only criteria as best I can determine is unmet demand. Which is not really the best indicator of what kind of mines you need other than at that given moment.
If you have no unmet needs then nothing will show. Since the galaxy always has unmet needs the galaxy list always has targets.
If you select a particular resource from the drop down it will show only planets that have them, I think regardless of if it is a "hot need" or not.

If you have no idea what to build (because your list is empty) fuel (hydrogen/caslon) and basic strategic materials (steel, lead, gold, iridium) are something you can never have too much of. I keep 8-12 construction ships on hand at all times, most of them are building mines non-stop. If you pick up a new colony (especially one distant from your others) it never hurts to have local mines producing strategic resources, even if you have tons of them empire-wide. Helps keep local shortages from happening.
Verjigorm

RE: (Expansion Planner) Potenial Mining Locations

Post by Verjigorm »

Ok, that explains a lot, thanks for clearing things up.

Though I believe to remember that choosing a particular resource also doesn't show anything.
[center]Lost dark soul, imprisoned abysmal desire
plunged in flames, gone through hellfire[/center]

Return to “Tech Support”