Baghdad embassy

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

z1812

RE: Baghdad embassy

Post by z1812 »

ORIGINAL: Jevhaddah

Sorry, but who never saw this coming after Saddam was toppled?

Veitnam springs to mind...

What a waste.

Lets hope the ordinary Iraqi's who worked for the US/UK/UN get out as well.

Cheers

Jev

This......this.......and.......this.
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
wodin

Post by wodin »

Afgan will go the same way..but even quicker.
Jim D Burns

Post by Jim D Burns »

ORIGINAL: Aurelian
Which makes the following suspect at best.

To prove I wasn’t lying here’s a blog that documents the story I saw last night, though the senior defense official that was interviewed is not named.

http://lubbockonline.com/interact/blog- ... 5yVPU1OWHs

You’re obviously an Obama sycophant angry about his failures and unwilling to admit his culpability for the current situation in Iraq. Like it or not he is playing with the lives of thousands of Americans just to save political face. In another day or two those people will probably be trapped.

Jim
Qwixt

Post by Qwixt »

Jim, you just look like a million other moronic haters that can't find the proper forum to discuss your hate in. I don't care who you hate in politics. It's just old at this point.
Aurelian

Post by Aurelian »

ORIGINAL: Jim D Burns

ORIGINAL: Aurelian
Which makes the following suspect at best.

To prove I wasn’t lying here’s a blog that documents the story I saw last night, though the senior defense official that was interviewed is not named.

http://lubbockonline.com/interact/blog- ... 5yVPU1OWHs

You’re obviously an Obama sycophant angry about his failures and unwilling to admit his culpability for the current situation in Iraq. Like it or not he is playing with the lives of thousands of Americans just to save political face. In another day or two those people will probably be trapped.

Jim

A blog? You're using a blog for your conspiracy theory? Not my fault you make off the wall accusations then use a national news source (CNN) that fails to back up your claims.

I know you can't deal with the fact that Obama won two terms, but it's far past the time you sucked it up and dealt with it.

I swear, they should put in huge fonts "NO POLITICS ON THIS BOARD" as the first thing you see. Even the one about Scottish independence got locked. And that one was well behaved compared to your very first post.
Watched a documentary on beavers. Best dam documentary I've ever seen.
SuluSea

Post by SuluSea »

This country is in shambles and sad to say most of the politicians in DC are at fault no matter the affiliation.
"There’s no such thing as a bitter person who keeps the bitterness to himself.” ~ Erwin Lutzer
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

ORIGINAL: SuluSea
This country is in shambles and sad to say most of the politicians in DC are at fault no matter the affiliation.
Actually it’s the bureaucrats that run the country day to day. The politicians just pass laws they don’t understand and give speeches.
All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer
Capt. Harlock

Post by Capt. Harlock »

Fox News is now reporting that the ISIS advance on Baghdad has been halted (for the moment at least):
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/06/15 ... h-baghdad/

(The other news networks are being more cautious.)

If true, this is not surprising: ISIS has posted a video of men in civilian clothes, supposedly surrendered Iraqi Army soldiers, being marched off and then massacred. The Shiites in the Iraqi Army now know they cannot guarantee their lives by giving up.
Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

I think ISIS' unflinching brutality and exclusivism will ultimately be its undoing. When you represent an unfiltered existential risk to the way of life of so many, you will ultimately drive them to destroy you out for their own safety.
decaro

Post by decaro »

I am shocked to hear the news that the thousands of terrified folks in the US embassy in Iraq are being told they cannot leave because it’s politically imperative for them to stay. I have this uneasy feeling we are going to see a mass beheading of thousands of Americans ...

From the NY Times:

U.S. to Evacuate Many Staff Members From Baghdad Embassy

ERBIL, Iraq — The American Embassy in Baghdad plans to evacuate a substantial number of its personnel this week in the face of a militant advance that rapidly swept from the north toward the capital, the State Department announced on Sunday.

The embassy, a beige fortress on the banks of the Tigris River within the heavily secured Green Zone, where Iraqi government buildings are also located, has the largest staff of any United States Embassy.

The exact number of people being evacuated was not clear Sunday. The embassy would remain open, a person familiar with the planning said, and much of its staff of about 5,500 would stay in Baghdad ...

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/16/world ... 08475&_r=0
Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.[center]Image[/center]
[center]"The Angel of Okinawa"[/center]
Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II
Mac67

Post by Mac67 »

You’re obviously an Obama sycophant angry about his failures and unwilling to admit his culpability for the current situation in Iraq.

Yep, nothing political about your thread at all.
"If you are going through hell, keep going" - Winston Churchill

ImageThe Rose and Crown, a forum for British Gentlemen
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

And of course THAT was posted in a vacuum, right?
Favoritism is alive and well here.
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

ORIGINAL: Joe D.

I am shocked to hear the news that the thousands of terrified folks in the US embassy in Iraq are being told they cannot leave because it’s politically imperative for them to stay. I have this uneasy feeling we are going to see a mass beheading of thousands of Americans ...

From the NY Times:

U.S. to Evacuate Many Staff Members From Baghdad Embassy

ERBIL, Iraq — The American Embassy in Baghdad plans to evacuate a substantial number of its personnel this week in the face of a militant advance that rapidly swept from the north toward the capital, the State Department announced on Sunday.

The embassy, a beige fortress on the banks of the Tigris River within the heavily secured Green Zone, where Iraqi government buildings are also located, has the largest staff of any United States Embassy.

The exact number of people being evacuated was not clear Sunday. The embassy would remain open, a person familiar with the planning said, and much of its staff of about 5,500 would stay in Baghdad ...

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/16/world ... 08475&_r=0

So your link and article support the OP since it states most of the staff are being left behind.
Favoritism is alive and well here.
bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

ORIGINAL: Jim D Burns Like it or not he is playing with the lives of thousands of Americans just to save political face. In another day or two those people will probably be trapped.

Jim
Actually he is trying to save the interests of the many American companies currently drilling/searching for oil there.http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/17/business/energy-environment/17oil.html?...
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Thread locked, no politics please.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Return to “General Discussion”