Neutrals (Build 536)

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

strykerpsg

Neutrals (Build 536)

Post by strykerpsg »

Hola all! I haven't posted in a while as real world has kept me quite busy until now. I was tweaking a scenario and added neutral commercial aircraft and ships. I edited the ROE of all to make them neutral to both warring factions and the computer AI just hammers them silly. I even changed their ROE to not engage non-hostile targets and they still shoot them down or blow them up.

My question is whether or not this is still a bug that's yet to be resolved yet? I did a search on the threads for neutrals and there didn't appear to be anything finished yet with regards to allowing neutrals in a scenario where the AI doesn't send them to infinity and beyond......virtually.

Thanks for help in advance and my apologies if someone searches and finds a thread I may have overlooked.

Matt
mikmykWS

RE: Neutrals

Post by mikmykWS »

Hi Matt

What version of the game are you running (Number will be at the top center of the Command Window)?

If you could upload the scenario I can take a look and see why that's happening.

Thanks!

Mike
snowburn

Post by snowburn »

Try setting the neutral side:
-sensor blind
-friendly to computer side

And the Computer side:
-friendly to neutrals

its important to set the neutral side sensor blind so they don't share information about detected contacts.
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

Its actually more important to make sure the neutrals as friendly to AI if you don't want them attacked.
strykerpsg

Post by strykerpsg »

ORIGINAL: mikmyk

Hi Matt

What version of the game are you running (Number will be at the top center of the Command Window)?

If you could upload the scenario I can take a look and see why that's happening.

Thanks!

Mike
Mike,

My apologies for forgetting the version number. I'm running Build 536. I've been playing with the Changjiang Strike scenario and just wanted to include neutrals to force both sides to query unknowns.

Attachments
Changjiang..6Modded.zip
(165.89 KiB) Not downloaded yet
strykerpsg

Post by strykerpsg »

ORIGINAL: snowburn

Try setting the neutral side:
-sensor blind
-friendly to computer side

And the Computer side:
-friendly to neutrals

its important to set the neutral side sensor blind so they don't share information about detected contacts.
I changed the neutral side sensor's to blind but wanted to avoid making the entity a known contact, as real world will often have unknown's as well. I realize most planes transmit a responder code, but I just wanted to try to stir up the Chinese a bit before the scenario starts by getting an ID on all contacts first and therefore not a mass gang up on my AWACs and Barrier CAP. I hope that makes sense.
strykerpsg

Still being shot down when postured as friendly (Build 546)

Post by strykerpsg »

I just tried to modify posture for the PRC toward neutrals, from neutral to friendly. The PRC still shoot them down. Anyone else played with neutrals of late with different results?

Matt
Attachments
Changjiang..6Modded.zip
(234.38 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
thewood1

RE: Still being shot down when posturedas friendly (Build 546)

Post by thewood1 »

I just opened up your scenario. PRC is designated as hostile to Commercial. Is that what you are talking about. You have the postures set so that PRC will immediately open fire on Commercial.
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

Here is a snap shot of the posture settings for PRC...

Sorry for the size...I did it quickly

Attachments
HostileNeutral.jpg
HostileNeutral.jpg (626.42 KiB) Viewed 56 times
strykerpsg

Post by strykerpsg »

ORIGINAL: thewood1

I just opened up your scenario. PRC is designated as hostile to Commercial. Is that what you are talking about. You have the postures set so that PRC will immediately open fire on Commercial.

Hmmm, I was certain I had set them as neutral. Could you please set them as neutral, hit the play button and see if the Chinese engage right away? I have played with both the Neutral and non-friendly settings and the airliners still get shot down. I even set the ROE to not engage unknowns for the Chinese side and still saw the destroyed contacts. I am currently on my way out the door but will re-look the scenario once I get back from the base. Thanks for putting another set of eyes on it. I really am looking for ways to make some scenarios more challenging for both the player and AI.

Matt
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

Already did that. They are considered neutral when I change it.

btw, I removed an exclusion zone you had before I ran it. It would have marked all units as hostile. I assume that is why you were having the issue.
strykerpsg

Still being shot down when postured as friendly (Build 546)

Post by strykerpsg »

Any chance you could upload the revision so I can see my error? I am loving all the latest enhancements and they just keep getting better. Thanks for the feedback Wood.
thewood1

RE: Still being shot down when postured as friendly (Build 546)

Post by thewood1 »

I didn't save it. Its simple, the PRC exclusion zone has it set that any aircraft are declared hostile. Edit the exclusion zone and look at the action to be taken on the lower left drop down. All aircraft in the zone are declared hostile.

This is how its supposed to work. When a ship or aircraft enter the zone, it is unidentified and assumed hostile based on the settings in the zone.
strykerpsg

Tanker's won't RTB at minimum state (Build 546)

Post by strykerpsg »

ORIGINAL: thewood1

I didn't save it. Its simple, the PRC exclusion zone has it set that any aircraft are declared hostile. Edit the exclusion zone and look at the action to be taken on the lower left drop down. All aircraft in the zone are declared hostile.

This is how its supposed to work. When a ship or aircraft enter the zone, it is unidentified and assumed hostile based on the settings in the zone.
Thanks Wood. I found what you were referencing and modified accordingly. It now works as advertised.

However, I found a new phenomenon, I think. I remember someone mentioning this before but here's a screenshot of the tanker bird not RTB'ing when almost out of fuel, as well as a save game file.

OK, disregard loading the pic. I can't remember how to change it to a gif file instead of a png.
Attachments
Changjiang..notRTB.zip
(223.68 KiB) Downloaded 1 time

Return to “Tech Support”