EA 2012 eqp error?

Norm Koger's The Operational Art of War III is the next game in the award-winning Operational Art of War game series. TOAW3 is updated and enhanced version of the TOAW: Century of Warfare game series. TOAW3 is a turn based game covering operational warfare from 1850-2015. Game scale is from 2.5km to 50km and half day to full week turns. TOAW3 scenarios have been designed by over 70 designers and included over 130 scenarios. TOAW3 comes complete with a full game editor.

Moderators: ralphtricky, JAMiAM

SMK-at-work

EA 2012 eqp error?

Post by SMK-at-work »

Just starting the first turn of EA 2012 as allies, and I get an eqp error when opening the file from my opponent.

AFAIK EA 2012 does not have its own eqp file, so uses the default "equipment.eqp"??

That is in place in the graphics folder, the file dates from 2010.

There is also an eqp file for the original scenario, but of course it has a different name so shouldn't be interfering with anything - Europe Aflame 1939-1945.eqp

Does anyone have any ideas what the problem might be??
Ta
Meum est propisitum in taberna mori
Oberst_Klink

RE: EA 2012 eqp error?

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: SMK-at-work

Just starting the first turn of EA 2012 as allies, and I get an eqp error when opening the file from my opponent.

AFAIK EA 2012 does not have its own eqp file, so uses the default "equipment.eqp"??

There is also an eqp file for the original scenario, but of course it has a different name so shouldn't be interfering with anything - Europe Aflame 1939-1945.eqp

Ta
Kamerad Kiwi,

check with your opponent what .eqp he/she is using and use the same. That should fix it. And yes, it has to be placed in the scenario's graphics folder.

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
secadegas

Post by secadegas »

ORIGINAL: SMK-at-work

Ta

I can confirm EA doesn't have or had any specific eqp file.

There was somebody, sometime ago, claiming about the same problem but ended finding the problem was with him and not with the scenario. Unfortunately i don't remember what the question was.

Cfant

Post by Cfant »

"wrong eqp" message can be caused if you start a 3.4 scenario under 3.2
SMK-at-work

Post by SMK-at-work »

Thanks for the replies - I solved it by making a "Europe Aflame 2012" folder in graphics and copying the default equipment file to it.

We're using the new exe, so the version of TOAW shouldn't be an issue, but I'll check that again.

Thanks all
Meum est propisitum in taberna mori

Return to “Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III”