[1.9.5.2] Kidnaping fighing pirate troops

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Temon

[1.9.5.2] Kidnaping fighing pirate troops

Post by Temon »

To try to clear my planet from pirates I decided to ship in some troops in a big trooptransport.
Alas I picked to few and things was going badly.
I opened the "troop inventory" of the planet to evacuate. I had LOTS of troops to choise from, pirates included.
So I grabbed 9 pirate who was on the screen since they where figthing, and put them into my shiny trooptransport.
I didnt test if I could ship them off to figth someone else, but tacking them away did make winning pretty easy[:'(]
ehsumrell1

RE: [1.9.5.2] Kidnaping fighing pirate troops

Post by ehsumrell1 »

Hello Temon, and welcome to the forums!
Could you please upload a savegame of that to the FTP. Sounds like something is
broken there and Elliot should look at it. Here is the info to upload a file:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2415085
Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...
Temon

Post by Temon »

after trying it out a bit more, when you are trying to destroy a hidden base or another pirate facility, your troops are "invanders" and you can only manuly transfer defenders in the colony "troops and characters" window.
But if you toss down the pirates you just picked up on the planet again, they turn into invaders and try to destroy their pirate base.
fenrislokison

Post by fenrislokison »

That's so great! XD

"Admiral! Here you go: the new Dyson-Class Transport ship, specialized in Pirates Vacuum Cleaning. Send it to a planet with pirates and wooosssshhh, no more pirates!"
Tom_Holsinger

Post by Tom_Holsinger »

It's a feature, not a bug!

And it could be improved by requiring payment of some money to convince the pirates to change sides, with an appropriate success bonus for some smarmy leader who has a corrupt bargain ability. It would be fun if hiring him/her/it had the unfortunate side-effect of increasing overall corruption in your empire. A good corrupt leader could have still more interesting, and amusing, abilities.

Return to “Tech Support”