My resurrection

Norm Koger's The Operational Art of War III is the next game in the award-winning Operational Art of War game series. TOAW3 is updated and enhanced version of the TOAW: Century of Warfare game series. TOAW3 is a turn based game covering operational warfare from 1850-2015. Game scale is from 2.5km to 50km and half day to full week turns. TOAW3 scenarios have been designed by over 70 designers and included over 130 scenarios. TOAW3 comes complete with a full game editor.

Moderators: ralphtricky, JAMiAM

mike1984

My resurrection

Post by mike1984 »

It's been more than a year since I've posted on here, probably about that much since I've actually played a PBEM game against one of you fine folks.

A combination of parenthood, TOAW burnout (re-doing Sicily to Brenner Pass is still the bane of my existence), a new job, and discovering Scourge of War (ACW game) all factored directly into my falling off the TOAW radar.

I do think I'm ready to come back, but at a much more reasonable clip--i.e. no more 20-30 turns per week of FITE or Third Reich 42-45.

I saw that sPzAbt653 had done some work on StBP. I'm so far removed from my work on it that I'd have to spend a week re-familiarizing myself with where I left off. But I'd be happy to try to get back into that one.

FITE and TR 42-45 are also my favorite super-scenarios, though I never finished either in the many times I've tried. I think I got to turn 200-something on FITE and turn 60ish on TR 42-45. As Mark (USXpat) can attest, I really love that one and I'm kicking myself for not finishing our game.

So I'll be stopping by these parts more often than never. Feel free to drop me a line about a PBEM game. I should be good to have up to 2 going at a time.
Oberst_Klink

RE: My resurrection

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: mike1984

It's been more than a year since I've posted on here, probably about that much since I've actually played a PBEM game against one of you fine folks.

A combination of parenthood, TOAW burnout (re-doing Sicily to Brenner Pass is still the bane of my existence), a new job, and discovering Scourge of War (ACW game) all factored directly into my falling off the TOAW radar.

I do think I'm ready to come back, but at a much more reasonable clip--i.e. no more 20-30 turns per week of FITE or Third Reich 42-45.

I saw that sPzAbt653 had done some work on StBP. I'm so far removed from my work on it that I'd have to spend a week re-familiarizing myself with where I left off. But I'd be happy to try to get back into that one.

FITE and TR 42-45 are also my favorite super-scenarios, though I never finished either in the many times I've tried. I think I got to turn 200-something on FITE and turn 60ish on TR 42-45. As Mark (USXpat) can attest, I really love that one and I'm kicking myself for not finishing our game.

So I'll be stopping by these parts more often than never. Feel free to drop me a line about a PBEM game. I should be good to have up to 2 going at a time.
Glad you're back, Mike and... hopefully up for a TOAW MD/VA/PA/MD/WV area meeting next year?

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
mike1984

Post by mike1984 »

ORIGINAL: Oberst_Klink

Glad you're back, Mike and... hopefully up for a TOAW MD/VA/PA/MD/WV area meeting next year?

Klink, Oberst

I'm up in NJ now (near NYC) so it would be out of my range. But I'm glad to be back here.
Oberst_Klink

Post by Oberst_Klink »

ORIGINAL: Oberst_Klink

Klink, Oberst

I'm up in NJ now (near NYC) so it would be out of my range. But I'm glad to be back here.
Can organize a meeting near Wilmington, DE... e.g. Brandywine battlefield ;)Anyway, we'll see. I plan to be around Mar/Apr/May, no more winters snowed in up in WV again!

Klink, Oberst
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
r6kunz

Post by r6kunz »

Welcome back!
Brandywine Battle Field would be a great venue. About 10 km from my home. I could bed 4 easy, 6 with some doubles. Also some nice B&Bs in the area. I hosted a reenactment at Brandywine some years ago- I was the XO (2iC) the local National Guard infantry battalion that hosted the reenactment every Fall. These guys were very competitive and a big part of my job was smoothing ruffled feathers from the year before (an issue with judges). I am not an expert on the battle (it was spread out over a much larger area than the small park, which was the HQ), but I can study up on it, and I have lead several battle field tours- Fredricksburg, Gettysburdg.
Let me know...
Avatar image was taken in hex 87,159 Vol 11 of
Vietnam Combat Operations by Stéphane MOUTIN LUYAT aka Boonierat.
mike1984

Post by mike1984 »

ORIGINAL: HPT KUNZ

Welcome back!
Brandywine Battle Field would be a great venue. About 10 km from my home. I could bed 4 easy, 6 with some doubles. Also some nice B&Bs in the area. I hosted a reenactment at Brandywine some years ago- I was the XO (2iC) the local National Guard infantry battalion that hosted the reenactment every Fall. These guys were very competitive and a big part of my job was smoothing ruffled feathers from the year before (an issue with judges). I am not an expert on the battle (it was spread out over a much larger area than the small park, which was the HQ), but I can study up on it, and I have lead several battle field tours- Fredricksburg, Gettysburdg.
Let me know...
Not sure I'll be able to make a trip. However, I used to do CW reenacting and I think we did one at Brandywine back in the mid-late 90s.

Return to “Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III”