v1.9.5.3 Beta Preview

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Erik Rutins

v1.9.5.3 Beta Preview

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi everyone,

Here's a preview of the change list for the v1.9.5.3 beta, which will be available later today:

Changes since 1.9.5.2:

CRASH FIXES
- fixed crash when drawing long range scanners in galaxy view
- fixed crash when drawing planet in hover panel
- fixed crash when auto-saving game
- fixed crash when loading game with custom theme from main menu
- fixed crash when drawing Empire Navigation Tool
- fixed crash with advisor message when invading independent colonies
- fixed crash when investigating ruins
- fixed crash when calculating troop strength
- fixed crash when editing ship design
- fixed crash when edit very large stars in game editor
- fixed crash when AI assigns new mining mission

BUG FIXES
- altered Windows API used for checking mouse location to fix screen scrolling to top-left (thus avoiding bug in Windows Vista 64-bit)
- fixed bases detaching from their parent planet/moon/asteroid when initiate retrofit before they are finished their previous retrofit
- sound volume now properly remembered when load games
- Unload Troops missions are now cancelled when target colony changes ownership (thus avoid unloading troops at enemy colony)
- fixed misleading message when your special forces troops destroy hidden pirate base facility at one of your own colonies
- main view now properly regains focus for mouse scroll-wheel when close Build Order screen
- fixed rare bug with pirate colonies over-ordering construction resources
- fixed display problems with main menu screen in Windows XP

USER INTERFACE
- enabled scaling of Empire Navigation Tool at screen left - use new size button next to close button in each panel to cycle 3 sizes: normal, large, extra large

OTHER
- improved how Action buttons (under Selection Panel) determine which mining station design to show (gas vs mineral) when building mining stations at planets/moons/asteroids (better support for custom themes with unusual resource distributions)
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Foxxy211

RE: v1.9.5.3 Beta Preview

Post by Foxxy211 »

- fixed bases detaching from their parent planet/moon/asteroid when initiate retrofit before they are finished their previous retrofit

OMG, I'm so happy this bug is fixed! Cant wait for the official release. Thank you!
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Now available as a public beta here:

tm.asp?m=3634251
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Tom_Holsinger

Post by Tom_Holsinger »

This strikes me as unreal customer support. I only recently returned to gaming and so am unfamiliar with current standards, but three patches in the first month strikes me as incredible. [X(] I'd appreciate it if others could verify this.

Matrix really merits applause here.

And I'm going to have a blast in the next month. I bought my first new computer in years to play DWU, but my wife broke her leg badly right after DWU's release, so caring for her has eaten up my game time.

But the four weeks of vacation we had planned starts tomorrow, and we're staying at home instead. So I'll have time on my hands. Somehow I think I'll manage. The SSD people have recommended to reduce game loading and saving time arrives on Saturday.

Thank you very much, MG. [8D]
Retreat1970

Post by Retreat1970 »

Again, thank you [:)]
Nanaki

Post by Nanaki »

Good patch, although a little bit saddened that a fix for counterespionage not working against sabotage did not make it in, but I can wait.
I ate the batter of the bulge at Hans' Haus of Luftwaffles
Buio

Post by Buio »

Thanks for the update. :)
ehsumrell1

Post by ehsumrell1 »

ORIGINAL: Tom_Holsinger

This strikes me as unreal customer support. I only recently returned to gaming and so am unfamiliar with current standards, but three patches in the first month strikes me as incredible. [X(] I'd appreciate it if others could verify this.

Yes Tom, it's true. The original release was 1.9.5.0. we are now at 1.9.5.3.
There will be others as needed until Elliot is satisfied that the game runs as he expects.
(Please overlook the whip marks on the test team members as well! LOL!)

JUST KIDDING ELLIOT!!!!
Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...
ldog

Post by ldog »

So counterintel not working against sabotage is a bug? Good to know. I thought I was just very unlucky.
ORIGINAL: Tom_Holsinger

And I'm going to have a blast in the next month. I bought my first new computer in years to play DWU, but my wife broke her leg badly right after DWU's release, so caring for her has eaten up my game time.

But the four weeks of vacation we had planned starts tomorrow, and we're staying at home instead. So I'll have time on my hands. Somehow I think I'll manage. The SSD people have recommended to reduce game loading and saving time arrives on Saturday.

It's the norm for indie software (who often release unfinished games but continue to work on fixing and improving them for a long time) as opposed to the big publishers (who often release unfinished games, put out a few patches and then don't give a damn)

Lucian

Post by Lucian »

Counterintel doesn't work against sabotage?? That explains a lot. :(

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”