Remove positive pirate reputation

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Tehlongone

Remove positive pirate reputation

Post by Tehlongone »

Is it possible to mod it so that killing pirates gives NO reputation?

It annoys me that I can bombard a few planets killing billions then be forgiven a decade later on account of clearing up some pirates that were annoying my economy. It wasn't out of the goodness of my heart after all, it was a purely selfish act.
Tanaka

RE: Remove positive pirate reputation

Post by Tanaka »

Yeah same here I wish we could mod reputation and diplomacy in general!
ehsumrell1

Post by ehsumrell1 »

ORIGINAL: Tehlongone

Is it possible to mod it so that killing pirates gives NO reputation?

It annoys me that I can bombard a few planets killing billions then be forgiven a decade later on account of clearing up some pirates that were annoying my economy. It wasn't out of the goodness of my heart after all, it was a purely selfish act.

At the present moment I believe Elliot has reputation formulas hard coded. But please place your
thoughts in the Modder's Wishlist for him to review. Might be something he'd consider. First time
I've seen this question!
[:)]
Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...
Ranbir

Post by Ranbir »

Selfish or not, the rest of the galaxy benefits from the pirates being gone. Perhaps it be moved relationship modifier instead of rep.
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Tehlongone

Post by Tehlongone »

Maybe. The problem just is that it erases past bad acts in the minds of the AI. No amount of pirate bashing would logically compensate for wide scale genocide of billions.

Even if it represented gratitude they've no real cause to be grateful unless they are neighbouring those pirates and are hostile with them.

Return to “Design and Modding”