Game freezes after battle

Post bug reports and ask for technical assistance here.
roycolledge

Game freezes after battle

Post by roycolledge »

I am having a problem with The Longest Day freezing at the end of a battle. I am playing the Grand Campaign as the Allies and I am now on my 102nd battle (Bretteville) but at the end of the battle I get the bar in the centre of the screen that says 'Loading' but the game freezes at this point and I am unable to continue the campaign. When I bring up task manager it says the game is not responding. I have replayed the battle 3 times and the freezing happens at time out or if a truce is agreed. A strange thing happened that after I played the battle for the second time the game deleted my previous save and I had to replay battle 101 (Bayeux) again before I could try Bretteville for the 3rd time. The freezing happened at the end of a couple battles earlier in the campaign but each time I had no problem when I replayed the battle. My version of the game is 5.50.13 and my OS is Windows XP
Tejszd

RE: Game freezes after battle

Post by Tejszd »

You could try applying the latest patch; v5.50.14b

tm.asp?m=3060832
roycolledge

Post by roycolledge »

Thank you for pointing out this patch which I was not aware of and it has solved the problem but why is this patch not included in the latest news on The Longest Day product page so that we are made more aware of it's existence. The last patch in latest news is one from 2009 !!!! Also when you click the downloads link this is not the latest patch shown for CC TLD despite the fact it has been out for some time now.
roycolledge

Post by roycolledge »

Thank you for a fast and efficient response. Problem solved

Return to “Tech Support”