Hard Core Supply - Please Explain This

The development team behind the award-winning games Decisive Campaigns: From Warsaw To Paris and Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive year and theater of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue simulates the German drive to Stalingrad and into the Caucasus of the summer of 1942, as well as its May preludes (2nd Kharkov offensive, Operation Trappenjagd) and also the Soviet winter counter-offensive (Operation Uranus) that ended with the encirclement of 6th Army in Stalingrad and the destruction of the axis minor armies. With many improvements including the PBEM++ system, this is a release to watch for wargamers!

Moderator: Vic

mmarquo

Hard Core Supply - Please Explain This

Post by mmarquo »

From Stakva to the BMP costs 42/250 APs, yet the cost from it's from the closer 6th Army HQ costs 92/250 APs.
Am I interpreting this correctly, and if so, why?

Thanks

Attachments
HardcoreS..Question.jpg
HardcoreS..Question.jpg (242.43 KiB) Viewed 61 times
Isokron

RE: Hard Core Supply - Please Explain This

Post by Isokron »

The cost from 6A includes the cost from stavka to whatever front 6A is assigned and then that front to 6A.
mmarquo

Post by mmarquo »

So if I just assigned the unit directly to STAVKA the cost would be 42 rather than 92. I can't get this to make sense; STAVKA is hundreds of hexes away while the 6th Army is just 3 hexes away. Please help me understand this.

Attaching to the 6th Army is needed for C/C, etc - but why the supply penalty??

Thanks
Isokron

Post by Isokron »

Well if you want to trace supply directly from Stavka then dont play with HC supply simply. HC supply is as I see it there to force you to position the Army/Fronts on a logical route back to Stavka. (and not running around with your fronts to try to maximize the use of their aaa assets as you can to without it)

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue”