Colony Manufacturing rate?

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

BlueTemplar

Colony Manufacturing rate?

Post by BlueTemplar »

Ok, so the colony construction speeds are shown in the Colonies screen (and increase with population/development?).

But what is the colony component Manufacturing capacity (rate)? Is it infinite for all intents and purposes?
Darkspire

RE: Colony Manufacturing rate?

Post by Darkspire »

ORIGINAL: BlueTemplar

Ok, so the colony construction speeds are shown in the Colonies screen (and increase with population/development?).

But what is the colony component Manufacturing capacity (rate)? Is it infinite for all intents and purposes?

It is the same as the normal resources in that respect, once it appears at a colony it will have a percentage of the amount, same as any other resource.

Darkspire
BlueTemplar

Post by BlueTemplar »

I don't understand what you're talking about? What appears at a colony? What percentage of what amount?
ReadeB

Post by ReadeB »

I have heard that there is a limit to the number of Construction Yards you can keep running efficiently even for large colonies, but I've never seen it.

After building the SpaceYards wonder, I've seen my home colony blast through an order of 120 civilian ships building 12 at a time without pausing.

There are a blinding number of freighters dropping off resources, and fuel runs low, but I never see any build slow downs there.
BlueTemplar

Post by BlueTemplar »

I'm specifically asking about the Colony manufacturing rate, not Ship/Station manufacturing rate, which has already been answered at post 12 here :
tm.asp?m=3180183&mpage=1
feelotraveller

Post by feelotraveller »

I have no idea what the rate is but experience has shown that it is much much quicker than the constuction rate of anything that I can build in the single colony construction yard. So yes for all practical purposes you can regard it as infinite.

p.s. My suspicion is that each colony gets a single in built plant of each type...
Tormodino

Post by Tormodino »

I couldn't find a way to reliably test if there is a component production part to the planets single queue or if the components just appear, but I think fellotraveller is right. The only thing I could reliably find was that, provided the planet has the resources available, it will construct at the production rate show in the construction yard overview. Nothing else seems to matter for planets.

But! Since planets are effectively limited in their production via population, it can be assumed that this negates the need for component manufacture as a separate part of planetary production. The extra detail would not add anything relevant to the single queue.
Seem sensible, or just a figment of my imagination?
BlueTemplar

Post by BlueTemplar »

You can actually see the components appearing in the cargo list, be it for construction on a starport, by a construction ship, or (IIRC) at a planet.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”