Has anyone played around with general construction speeds?

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Unforeseen

Has anyone played around with general construction speeds?

Post by Unforeseen »

I've been toying with the idea of making the game ungodly slow and one of the obvious things that came to mind that I'm not entirely sure I want to do is slow down ship construction. There are two clauses I'm looking at. ConstructionSpeedFactor and ColonyConstructionSpeedFactor.

On one hand I'm not sure if these effects stack, ConstructionSpeedFactor mention's that it slows down colony ship construction. But lowering ColonyConstruction to minimum leaves construction speed at 2O%, lowering it further seems over the top.

My desire is to have ship construction occur over months rather than days or weeks for realism. But i am not convinced the AI will handle this. It would be important in game to conserve your ships and in my experience with the AI in DW is that it regularly sends ships on blind assaults that usually result in total defeat.

I fought a cold war of sorts with the XHumans once as the Humans that eventually escalated in to all out war. Well sorta. They pretty much set their entire fleet out to attack me while i carefully adjusted my fleet local. They lost everything before i even so much as ordered a simple raid. With the settings that i propose, it seems as though the AI would have no chance at all to get any sort of numbers on their side.

Return to “Design and Modding”