Two Commands Review

Post descriptions and reports of your brilliant successes and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderator: Jason Petho

KGWiking

Two Commands Review

Post by KGWiking »

So on my Fall Weiss (Poland) DCG I have two Kampfgruppes - one armored and another infantry.

The difference is amazing. The armored battalion has amassed nearly 6K XP in the five battles all outstanding. Meanwhile, the infantry is around 2000 after four battles - three outstanding and one good.

I'm not sure if this is everyone's experience, but obviously I rock with the armor and the infantry...not as good!

Both battalions are in rugged shape and need some serious time in the rear. My companies in both formations remind me of a quote by Sepp Dietrich - "We're called the Sixth Panzer Army because we have six panzers left."

I am in real need of a scenario where I get a troop of cavalry (God, I love charging guns with them!) and maybe two companies of hard hitting landsers or an engineer company. Simply put, my formations don't have the pop to do much other than form a screen line and perhaps guard safer areas. I don't dare use them as scouts or to assault a heavy position. I am using artillery and MG fire much better which is helping out the infantry - and I've learned the hard way do not assault with tanks..just not worth it even if the odds look good!

Here is my infantry battalion OOB:
Company I M6 S3, M5 S1, M6 S2
Company II M5 S2, M5 S1, M5 S1
Company III M6 S2, M6 S6, M5 S4
MG CO M6 S3, M6 S2, M6 S1

In short Company I is a platoon, Company II is less than a platoon, and CO III has some pop - maybe two platoons

MY MG CO is really an over-strength platoon

I may have to take a hit on some upcoming battles to save the men.

Come with me and I'll show you where the Crosses of Iron grow
scottintacoma

RE: Two Commands Review

Post by scottintacoma »

KG,

I have found that infantry die much quicker than Armour. I would love to play some of the Rising Sun LCGs, but the enemy always is full strength, and after the first battle, my forces are not. I don not find it fun, when there is no way to recreate the actual campagn.
KGWiking

RE: Two Commands Review

Post by KGWiking »

ORIGINAL: scottgibson

KG,

I have found that infantry die much quicker than Armour. I would love to play some of the Rising Sun LCGs, but the enemy always is full strength, and after the first battle, my forces are not. I don not find it fun, when there is no way to recreate the actual campagn.
I may get into scenario design. I did quite a bit of that with CC3 back in the day!
Come with me and I'll show you where the Crosses of Iron grow

Return to “After Action Reports”