weapons replenishment

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

DONNIE67

weapons replenishment

Post by DONNIE67 »

Hello all

I have been experimenting with scenario builing and have a question on weapons repenishment.

I have US class destoyers and weapons replenishment ships but the ships do not replenish any missles such as harpoon and tomahawk that have been expended.

The RoE allowd UNREP and i see the units are able to "meet up" with each other.

Any suggestions?

Tx
mikmykWS

RE: weapons replenishment

Post by mikmykWS »

Do the ships have the weapons to be transferred in their magazines?
Likewise do the receivers have the space in their mags/mounts?

There are many reason why this may not be working. If you can post a save we can probably save a few posts.

Thanks!

Mike
ExNusquam

Post by ExNusquam »

If you're using US destroyers, the inability to reload the VLS at sea is accurate. While it was a "theoretical" capability early on, it was rarely practiced and the equipment appears to have been removed from most ships.

Sources:
http://defensetech.org/2010/06/10/vls-u ... t-serious/
http://warships1discussionboards.yuku.c ... 5Z6FfldVOI
DONNIE67

Post by DONNIE67 »

Thank you both for your assistance and insight.

Are you saying that I have specifically load the UNREP ships with specific ordinance for magazine storage?

thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

I think that is the case, but what one person is saying is if the mount is a VLS (vertical launch system), you can't do a replenishment just like in reality.

You can see if its a VLS by looking at the mounts for the ship in the database. It should say VLS somewhere in the mount name.
DONNIE67

Post by DONNIE67 »

After some experimenting I was indeed able to simulate unrep even with vls based ordinance.

However as was pointed out above such a manuever is no longer feasilble real world and I was surprised about this.

Thank you for your help on this wonderful simulation.
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

Funny, I have only tried replenishing once on a VLS ship and couldn't get it to work. That was back on 1.01 though.
Rudd

Post by Rudd »

What year? What class/flight? Early Burkes had a VLS reload crane early on, as was mentioned above, was replaced by more VLS launch tubes.

As Mike said, a lot of variables, save/screenshot, legitimate links, would help save time in fixing problem if there is one.
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

Not even sure...never even gave it a second thought. I always assumed the VLS didn't have replenishment. I'll play around with it later.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”