RWR and threat detection

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

kimaera026

RWR and threat detection

Post by kimaera026 »

Is there a way to find out if a land or air based radar is tracking your unit? I know for fact an aircraft with RWR can detect tracking radars and will receive the warnings (hence warning receiver), but question is, can you do it in Command?

I'm conducting a pre-SEAD scout, but without the RWR i dont know if the sites are actually able to track and/or lock on, and if they're doing it to my focused unit. It would be so helpful, almost essential to have this piece of information for this kind of mission. Recon/SEAD/strike etc.
mikmykWS

RE: RWR and threat detection

Post by mikmykWS »

Yes. If you have ESM sensors you will begin to detect emissions from units and then depending on the capabilities of your units ID them. The ID will appear over the unit. White lettering are search type radars. Red is fire control. Generally fire control radars do not illuminate unless they're going to fire so that's your cue.[:)]

For missiles of active sensors if your aircraft have the capabilities you will detect the sensor then shortly thereafter ID it as a threat.
kimaera026

RE: RWR and threat detection

Post by kimaera026 »

amazing stuff!

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”