AI Ship Design

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

mxmissile

AI Ship Design

Post by mxmissile »

I really do not enjoy designing my own ships and bases. I would rather use automation, however I know I am loosing a lot of potential when doing so. Leaving automation off is a bit too much micro for me.

Is it possible to "mod"ify the designs the automation AI uses to design (and retro) ships so they are somewhat more optimized or "better"?
Darkspire

RE: AI Ship Design

Post by Darkspire »

ORIGINAL: mxmissile

I really do not enjoy designing my own ships and bases. I would rather use automation, however I know I am loosing a lot of potential when doing so. Leaving automation off is a bit too much micro for me.

Is it possible to "mod"ify the designs the automation AI uses to design (and retro) ships so they are somewhat more optimized or "better"?

You will need to download:

Modding Guide for Distant Worlds: Universe

Make a cup of tea and have a good read, a very informative tome. This will give you an idea of what can be done and how to do it.

I imagine you will not want to bother with having to wade through that without a clear, easy defined path so have a read of pages 29-32, that will explain the details on Design Templates, once you have done that you will also need to read pages 92-94 which will further your knowledge on the subject with a complete run down on all the component types allowed in the Design Template files.

Darkspire

Return to “Design and Modding”