Lodtz is Nutz

Post descriptions and reports of your brilliant successes and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderator: Jason Petho

KGWiking

Lodtz is Nutz

Post by KGWiking »

Well my second run on Polish Campaign with an INF Battalion and I'm doing better even though I'm only playing at level two! It's hard enough at times against the seemingly endless Polish Artillery.

Then battle #4 to see if Lodtz' defense was ready to fall. Someone got bad intelligence I think as my battalion thus far (turn 6 of 16) is getting ripped to shreds in a small sector of the city on the outskirts of the main city.

The force I had at the start was weak - an understrength company of Landsers an armor car we had on loan and a battery of 76mm and a 105. We approached the city slowly with my Lvl 2, 3, and 4 platoons and established a perimeter. The Armored car got dinged by infantry and then ran into a battery as they tried to bypass. The Landers moved in bypassing the infantry and voila ran into AT fire and another battery. Meanwhile my fire orders were landing all over the place including on us.

Things really got out of hand when I tried to push into the center of the small outlying city. About six batteries of 75 and probably 100 mm artillery are in this city and that pesky infantry unit was joined by cavalry. My now platoon sized company is huddling for dear life on the edge of the town, the armored car platoon was smoked by a hidden batter of arty and AT guns, and my own arty actually landed on me twice. Luckily two companies of infantry have arrived and more are coming. I've also managed to bring up my guns for closer support.

I don't think I'll get much past the first VL and since I am relying heavily on my own guys I may not get the fourth straight outstanding commendation from HQ.

Sometimes you run across a nut that can't be cracked.

As for my play of my guy. I tend to have him stay away from the FEBA. He stay with the BN HQ where he can direct the show and I try to get my broken landsers to go to him as a rally point. Not so much John Wayne or the German equivalent, but the goal is to win the campaign and be alive to do it. He is after all a battalion commander, not a platoon leader!

From the front KG Wiking OUT!
Come with me and I'll show you where the Crosses of Iron grow
Crossroads

RE: Lodtz is Nutz

Post by Crossroads »

Sounds like the hostiles are keeping you busy! [:D]
Visit us at: Campaign Series Legion
---
CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 < Available now
CS: Middle East 1948-1985 2.0 < 3.0 In the works
KGWiking

Post by KGWiking »

ORIGINAL: Crossroads

Sounds like the hostiles are keeping you busy! [:D]
Yes they are, but we are pressing forward!
KGWiking

Post by KGWiking »

Flash Report from Lodtz:
With the arrival of the full battalion (some mixed strength companies) a troop of cavalry and another company of infantry from the reserve battalion we have successfully bypassed some enemy strong points - leaving them for other units and have taken the first objective. We press towards an intersection which leads to another key suburb and have split the rail line. Resistance remains brisk and we may need to suspend operations due to night coming upon us.

From the Front - KG Wiking OUT!

Return to “After Action Reports”