Wow "Way of the Ancients" government?!

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Neotheone

Wow "Way of the Ancients" government?!

Post by Neotheone »

This thing is like overpoweringly awesome. Is this a rare event finding it?

lookit these stats:
War Weariness Normal
Maint cost -10%
Approval +30%
Growth Rate +30%
Research speed +50%
Troop recruiting Normal
Corruption -20%
Colony Income +10%

That's like better than democracy by a ton! I have nearly 60 colonies now compared to the highest 2nd race with a little over 20! I'm playing the Ackdar so you can imagine my growth and income stats now, amazing.
J HG T

RE: Wow "Way of the Ancients" government?!

Post by J HG T »

You can find it by following the storyline linked to derelict ships of the ancient galactic alliance. Or if you get super lucky you can find it from ruins like it's counterpart Way of the Darkness.
Both can be considered moderately to very rare. Players that invest heavily on exploration, like me, can find Way of the Ancients/Way of the Darkness relatively easily in some games.
Nothing is impossible, not if you can imagine it!
"And they hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear."
Neotheone

Post by Neotheone »

I guess I just got lucky then cause I'm investigating every ship and every colony and anything that asks me if I want to investigate. It's been basically just free stuff as nothing I've investigated has been threatening or really devastating. Few explosions and a few nothing found here but that's it. Nice government though but makes the game just that much easier. Good for a newb to the game I'm sure. Like me.
Canute0

Post by Canute0 »

Yes its Luck,
You can get Way of the Ancient/Darkness form some of the Ruins not from the Storyline.

Gelatinous Cube

Post by Gelatinous Cube »

And yes, they are both amazingly awesome. As you might be able to guess from the title, Way of Darkness is the most effective government for total war, period! Way of the Ancients is not only good for war, but blows your economy in to a completely different level as well.

Unless I am feeling very role-playish, I always try hard to find these governments.
pkoko

Post by pkoko »

Any reason why all my games with "human" race ended up with this government as being available?
Spidey

Post by Spidey »

It's available to all races under the right circumstances.
moonraker65

Post by moonraker65 »

Probably the "Must have" form of government once you start to expand outwards from your initial colonies
intel i9 13900k 128 GB RAM, RTX 4070 ti GFx card
Shogouki

Post by Shogouki »

ORIGINAL: Neotheone

It's been basically just free stuff as nothing I've investigated has been threatening or really devastating. Few explosions and a few nothing found here but that's it.

Just wait, I know of at least one surprise that made me quite cautious afterwards...
Inawordyes

Post by Inawordyes »

ORIGINAL: Shogouki

It's been basically just free stuff as nothing I've investigated has been threatening or really devastating. Few explosions and a few nothing found here but that's it.

Just wait, I know of at least one surprise that made me quite cautious afterwards...
I was caught off-guard the first (and currently only) time it happened to me, assuming that you're talking about what I think you're talking about, because I wasn't expecting it to happen.
Distant Races

The self-titled Crown Prince of Crazy Plans.
Shogouki

Post by Shogouki »

ORIGINAL: Inawordyes

I was caught off-guard the first (and currently only) time it happened to me, assuming that you're talking about what I think you're talking about, because I wasn't expecting it to happen.

I'll just say that it made me really appreciate ion weapons... [:D]
martok

Post by martok »

ORIGINAL: Inawordyes

I'll just say that it made me really appreciate ion weapons... [:D]

Yep, that's the one I was thinking of too... [;)]

"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

Tcby

Post by Tcby »

^ I see Martok and I think https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwcVFMJvlN0

On topic, I wish there was a way to share the government type in game with other races...
Aeson

Post by Aeson »

Any reason why all my games with "human" race ended up with this government as being available?
If you're playing in the Ancient Galaxy theme, humans and kiadians have Way of the Ancients set as a racial government type. Otherwise, as has been said above, you found the site that unlocks the government style.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”