Smaller scenarios

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Qwixt

Smaller scenarios

Post by Qwixt »

I was trying to figure out what sort of scenarios/campaigns WitP:AE has. I am considering buying it, but I know I wouldn't have the patience or the time to play the big campaign. I was hoping that there might be a variety of smaller scenarios/campaigns to learn and play the game.
Yaab

RE: Smaller scenarios

Post by Yaab »

The Coral Sea scenario is a nice, introductory scenario. You will learn carrier operations there and, as the Japanese side, perform some amphibious operations.
SierraJuliet

Post by SierraJuliet »

It is well worth the purchase. Enough smaller scenarios that will keep you occupied and thinking. Quick turns but the scenarios will last for some time.

Coral Sea is a good taste of carrier v carrier.

Guadalcanal will give you plenty to think about without having to worry about the whole Pacific Theatre.
Kido Butai, although powerful, was a raiding force, and this is exactly how the Japanese understood its usage. 'Shattered Sword'
dr.hal

Post by dr.hal »

The smaller scenarios are a challenge for new players. However once completed a number of times (to get the rhythm of the game) I'm sure you will want to move up to the campaign. You can save the game and step away for as long as you like.... but the real fun in the game is the long term strategy couples with the logistics to get a feel for just what challenges the Pacific Ocean had in store for the combatants. Hal
Qwixt

Post by Qwixt »

Thanks for the replies. I am leaning towards getting it before this sale ends. I just wanted to make sure there were some easier scope scenarios. The game sounds intimidating from what I have read over the years.
Qwixt

Post by Qwixt »

Unfortunately, I got pulled into a work escalation issue, and I wasn't able to buy it before the sale ended. I basically forgot about buying after working till 3:15 am, and just went to bed. [:(]
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

Believe me, if you are interested in WWII, the WITP:AE database itself is worth $300.
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

You can have great fun playing the campaign game against the AI at any pace you like. You can also create your own scenarios.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”