1.9.5.2 [Solved - I was tricked]

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Chris McMahon

1.9.5.2 [Solved - I was tricked]

Post by Chris McMahon »

Since steam auto-updated me to 1.9.5.2, I can no longer see Ships (even my own), Fleets, Pirate Bases, Empire Influence, or Travel Vectors on the galaxy map. Thus making the game unplayable.

1.9.5.1 did not have this issue. The ONLY thing that changed on my system was steam's updating the game to 1.9.5.2. I have "verified the integrity of the game cache" and I am using the latest ATI drivers.

Screenshot attached. The yellow circle is my homeworld location. If I zoom right in, my ships' graphics are actually on screen, just not when you zoom out to see the galaxy map. So I can't see where they are, or where other empires are, or where my fleets are etc, ie unplayable.

Attachments
DistantWorlds.jpg
DistantWorlds.jpg (172.15 KiB) Viewed 66 times
Chris McMahon

RE: 1.9.5.2 Ships, Fleets, Pirate Bases, Empire Influence, Travel Vectors all not showing on galaxy map

Post by Chris McMahon »

DXDIAG.txt
Attachments
DxDiag.txt
(40.77 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
Spidey

RE: 1.9.5.2 Ships, Fleets, Pirate Bases, Empire Influence, Travel Vectors all not showing on galaxy map

Post by Spidey »

Check if your game has "clean galaxy map" activated. It's at the bottom of the window that pops up when you click on "advanced settings" in options.

Edit: It's only available when you access options from the main menu, by the way.
Chris McMahon

Post by Chris McMahon »

ORIGINAL: Spidey

Check if your game has "clean galaxy map" activated. It's at the bottom of the window that pops up when you click on "advanced settings" in options.

Edit: It's only available when you access options from the main menu, by the way.
Thanks, I was just coming to post the above.

Turns out my issue was a "joke" played on me by a "friend". As you guessed, he changed the "clean galaxy map" setting on me, and the fact that it doesn't appear when you're in-game, made it almost impossible to troubleshoot, as the first thing I always did was load a saved game.

He finally came clean today (he changed it yesterday - which happened to coincide with the release of the 1.9.5.2 patch).
FirstPappy

Post by FirstPappy »

I had the same problem. What was the intended purpose of this option?
Windows 10 Home 64
AMD Ryzen 7 3700x 3.70Ghz Processor
32 GB Ram
Nvidia GEFORCE GTX1080 w/8 GB
LG 32GK850F 2560x1440
Chris McMahon

Post by Chris McMahon »

ORIGINAL: Pappy

I had the same problem. What was the intended purpose of this option?
It might as well be renamed to:

[x] Make game unplayable.

Return to “Tech Support”