[WIP][DWU] Planets rework v0.4

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Ra131

[WIP][DWU] Planets rework v0.4

Post by Ra131 »

Hi all!
After long search I will want rework planet for himself. I went to mighty google.com and start search detaled and good textures for planets. After not long search I collect some textures. Also i use some textures from other mods, sorry men! But I made pak with planets and he liked me. Now i want post this pak for other people. Pak not full, i dont make two type planet: forest and marshyswamp, but i work on this and I will hope finish pak :) If this is will be intresting i post final pak ....

barren rock
continental
ice glacial
ocean
sandy desert
volcanic
marshyswamp
forest

v.0.4
+ Change some planet images
+ Try remove shadow from planets
- Remove tech planets

v.0.3
+ Added forest planets

v.0.2
+ Added marshyswamp planets

v.0.1
+ Added barren rock planets
+ Added continental planets
+ Added ice glacial planets
+ Added ocean planets
+ Added sandy desert planets
+ Added volcanic planets
+ Change shadow (not sure good or bad)
- Removed clouds

Who wants clouds:

GEM planets overlays by AstroCat

Planets_rework_v0.4.zip
fruitgnome

RE: [WIP][DWU] Planets rework

Post by fruitgnome »

I'm interested.
Ra131

Post by Ra131 »

As soon as I can post links I'll post all, strange that this can not be done at once: (
Dd_01

Post by Dd_01 »

Post a link without www. or remove dots from it.
Ra131

Post by Ra131 »

not so nice, but will.....
gyrospeck

Post by gyrospeck »

Thank you for your work. I'm downloading now. [:)]

Edit: I really like the look of these and I would love to see your forest and marshyswamp. I plan to use these images for the next STU update. Thanks again.
WaflHead

Post by WaflHead »

These look great! Downloading now, thank you.
FireLion1983

Post by FireLion1983 »

Looks great, thanks!
RICO7878

Post by RICO7878 »

Thanks!
bugbear777

RE: [WIP][DWU] Planets rework v0.3

Post by bugbear777 »

Thanks. [:)]
AstroCat

Post by AstroCat »

Nice planets. :) Curious though why did you "turn off" the overlays? I actually am using my GEM "fixed" overlays with your planets and I think it looks pretty cool. Any issues with using overlays that you have found? Thanks.
I7-6700K@4.5GHz/Asus MAXIMUS VIII FORMULA/EVGA GTX 1080SC/Corsair LPX 16GB/Corsair 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/SOUND BLASTER ZX/Samsung 850 Pro x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/Oculus CV
Unforeseen

Post by Unforeseen »

Some of the colors are a bit over the top but overall looks good.
Ra131

Post by Ra131 »

ORIGINAL: AstroCat

Nice planets. :) Curious though why did you "turn off" the overlays? I actually am using my GEM "fixed" overlays with your planets and I think it looks pretty cool. Any issues with using overlays that you have found? Thanks.

Mmm why off.... Many pictures have clouds and I think many clouds be for many. Need test with you overlay and add how patch for this pack, maybe.
ORIGINAL: Unforeseen

Some of the colors are a bit over the top but overall looks good.

Yes, but I wont add for dark space more power colors

People lets work together if you think that need change textures or decrease color, post, but write name planet and what need to do ;) ....
Tehlongone

Post by Tehlongone »

ORIGINAL: AstroCat

I just tried it like that and I agree it looks better. Without the shadows that is..

Seems very nice overall.
Tehlongone

Post by Tehlongone »

Continental planets 7 and 14, are those not urban wastelands? Doesn't seem like something you'd stumble upon.

Also, why are some of the oceans purple/pink?
pycco

Post by pycco »

different type of light would effect plant growth, they would be the most effective color to absorb the light from the sun.

http://virginislandsdailynews.com/polop ... /image.jpg - this is photo pink water on in RL

the galaxy was conquer by the Sakuri before so there could be ruins, like the ones we find all over the galaxy with techs bugs and traps in currently.

Nice looking mod does this have the same problem as the GEM planets not being the right size and making that weird double planet thing.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
-Mark Twain
Ra131

Post by Ra131 »

ORIGINAL: Tehlongone

Continental planets 7 and 14, are those not urban wastelands? Doesn't seem like something you'd stumble upon.

Also, why are some of the oceans purple/pink?

Yap 7 and 14 technological planet look like, I liked the texture :) I will do short pack with new textures and you can just replace them. Why purple planet if our oceans basis were not green algae and by red algae, and it would be a different color. How much more interesting to me to have variety than just a set of similar planets.
Tehlongone

Post by Tehlongone »

Well I don't like the tech planets, they wouldn't really be continental planets, but I just edited them out.

How about merging the forest planets into marsh/continental depending on where they look to fit? Forest planets aren't actually in the game after all.
pycco

Post by pycco »

i'm loving the diversity that this mods gives, and there should be more planet types imo. beside most planets have all the types on some part of the planets.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
-Mark Twain
Ra131

Post by Ra131 »

ORIGINAL: Tehlongone

Well I don't like the tech planets, they wouldn't really be continental planets, but I just edited them out.

How about merging the forest planets into marsh/continental depending on where they look to fit? Forest planets aren't actually in the game after all.

Complicated question, really a problem for me to share forest and Continental planet swamp somehow too difficult to identify, so I did it very roughly. In my opinion it is possible to allocate a percentage of the fact that most spans the entire planet ocean forest or swamp .... If I had the opportunity to make a new type of planets, or add more planet it will be true, but.... i dont know how do it. One way it add planet in folder "other", but this way give access only add planet in game editor or make custom map. Like everything here is very limited, there is no possibility to add more types of ruins and planets when colonizing species, although the structure of directories and files it should work.

Also I made pak with planets different type, you can change tech planet....

Later I will change tech planet ...

Return to “Design and Modding”