Question about Construction Ships

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Baptismbyfire

Question about Construction Ships

Post by Baptismbyfire »

Hello,

What a wonderful game!

I had a question about the construction ship behavior.

When a construction ship finishes its mission, and I tell it to go build a mine at another planet, the construction ship for some reason insists on going back to the home planet to refuel(I think) even when it has plenty of fuel already. Does the construction ship have to load construction material from the home planet before it can build another mine or something?
ehsumrell1

RE: Question about Construction Ships

Post by ehsumrell1 »

ORIGINAL: Baptismbyfire

Hello,

What a wonderful game!

I had a question about the construction ship behavior.

When a construction ship finishes its mission, and I tell it to go build a mine at another planet, the construction ship for some reason insists on going back to the home planet to refuel(I think) even when it has plenty of fuel already. Does the construction ship have to load construction material from the home planet before it can build another mine or something?
Hello Baptismbyfire, and welcome to the forums!

Very astute of you! Yes, it goes to the nearest colony to gather materials. [:)]
Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...
neem693

Post by neem693 »

yea. construction ship need components to build mind or something.
you can see the cargo list by double clicking the left-down panel that is appearing about construction ship.
if he had insufficient resources and go to the work, after some time he will be supplied by freighter ships.
hello, everyone?
Baptismbyfire

Post by Baptismbyfire »

Thanks, it's the small details that makes this game wonderful.
Mansen

Post by Mansen »

This also means that you can expect some delays whenever a construction ship decides to go to a young colony, instead of a developed world. Of course you can try to set up a smuggling deal for the resources you need (or all to make it simpler) to speed things up a bit.
Currently Working On:
X-Universe Conversion (Hiatus)

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”