Infinite build points

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Courtenay

Infinite build points

Post by Courtenay »

I was investigating the saved build point bug and found a truly wonderful bug.

See the below picture; it is a composite of several screenshots.

First, there is a depiction of the saved build points just before the production phase. Next, there is a picture of the save build point screen, after I saved two German build points, one in Frankfort and one in Madgeburg. Note that in the screenshot, there are two build points saved in each screen. The third shot is of the build point screen after I removed the build points from the two cities, and placed them again. Now we have six build points! The final screen was produced after I had spent a couple minutes saving one BP in Frankfort and removing two. Note that we now have over 40 build points to place, when the Germans only started the production phase with 40 build points. If I had wanted to spend the time, I am sure I could have gotten more build points than would fit in all German cities.

To repeat, the bug is that when you place a build point in an empty Frankfort or Madgeburg, two appear. These two can be removed, giving you one more BP tha you started with, and the process repeated indefinitely. Interestingly, Karlsruhe, which also had a BP saved, does not have this same behavior, so it does not happen every place one saved build points. Indeed, I think this is a rare bug, or I would have noticed it before this.

(This has nothing to do with the editing done to my saved game, because I went back to a save before that for testing purposes.)

A saved game will be in my next post. I am curious as to whether others will have this same bug, or whether my copy of MWiF has gotten into a strange state.

Attachments
InfinteBP.jpg
InfinteBP.jpg (560.45 KiB) Viewed 47 times
I thought I knew how to play this game....
Courtenay

RE: Infinite build points

Post by Courtenay »

Here is a saved game to exhibit the problem. Skip through scrapping units, say that you are done production, then save a BP in Frankfort. If two BPs appear, you have the bug. One can remove them both, gaining a BP, and repeat the cycle unit one has as many BPs as desired.

Note: this saved game illustrates another problem: I had already done scrapping all countries but the Commonwealth, but MWiF cycles through all of them again.

If I save the game in the production step, the infinite bug does not appear in a restored game.
Attachments
InfinteBug.zip
(1.62 MiB) Downloaded 5 times
I thought I knew how to play this game....
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

So it looks like Hitler finally made contact with his Aliens and got a matter transmuter. Sure those screens are not from a Distance Worlds mod [:D]
Centuur

Post by Centuur »

Strange behaviour indeed... It isn't a the bug list, so good catch.

Peter
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

ORIGINAL: Courtenay

Here is a saved game to exhibit the problem. Skip through scrapping units, say that you are done production, then save a BP in Frankfort. If two BPs appear, you have the bug. One can remove them both, gaining a BP, and repeat the cycle unit one has as many BPs as desired.
Steve is 90% of the way to a Perpetual Motion Machine. I asked him to put that aside and get busy on the Time Machine project for me.

I told him I want it delivered yesterday...
Paul

Return to “Tech Support”