New Race (more coming soon)

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

SeeRed15

New Race (more coming soon)

Post by SeeRed15 »

I and another player (WholeGrainRye) are working together to create a few mods for DW. The ones I am currently working on is a few new races and replacing all the default race pics. I have finished one race, the Aeolipians, and am going to work on others.

The Aeolipians are a robotic race resembling the Mechanoids. However, they are not nearly as scary as them and they act like robots would. They are influenced by Star Wars and Star Trek robot characters and the Mechanoids. If you are interested in them, feel free to download it!

If you have any idea for new mods or would like to critique the current one(s) out, feel free to chime in.

Currently:

SeeRed15:Working on a second robot race that is a little more evil
WholeGrainRye:Working on adding new governments

Installation:
You will have to use winrar or some other tool to unzip it.
Then just put the files in the right locations.
NOTE: For the .txt files, I have put the location the file should be placed in followed by an underscore (_). Place it in those files then rename it to aerolipians (take out the underscore and file name following).

Any question, feel free to ask.

Credit for ships goes to:
Prinz Eugn (gamedev.net)
pixeljoint.com
positech.co.uk
Fractal Softworks

(if anyone would like parts of their mods taken out of this mod, pm me and I will comply)
Attachments
Aeolipians.zip
(2.2 MiB) Downloaded 39 times

Return to “Design and Modding”