I had to post this in a seperate thread, I hope no one minds

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Les_the_Sarge_9_1

I had to post this in a seperate thread, I hope no one minds

Post by Les_the_Sarge_9_1 »

Ok I posted this in another thread, but you guys know me, somethings really get under my skin.

And this company sure does.

This is cut and pasted direct from Resisti's link in his post

STEEL PANTHERS ARSENAL SSI

Contains Steel Pathers I, II, and III, plus 12 additional campaigns and 140 additional scenarios (from the included Campaign Disk expansions). IBM Requires: Pen 60, 16mbRAM, 1mbSVGA, DOS v6.22+, 2spCD-ROM. IBM - $99.00

STEEL PANTHERS Mega Campaign 1 Desert Fox 1941 Matrix

For Steel Panthers 5.0 (included on the disk). Mega campaigns are not linear, and branch into dozens of directions, depending on the victory level achieved by the player. Face standard attack and defend missions, as well as unusual missions – free German POWs, make amphibious assaults near Tobruk. 115 possible scenarios. Also documentation on disk, pictures, etc. Requires: Pen 60, 16mbRAM, 1mbSVGA IBM - $90.00

STEEL PANTHERS Mega Campaign 2 Lost Victories 1941 Matrix

Army Group South 1941. For Steel Panthers 5.0 (also downloadable for free from Matrix Games). Mega campaigns are not linear, and branch into dozens of directions, depending on the victory level achieved by the player. Fight in the Ukraine, meet the T-34 for the first time, close the Kiev pocket, 250 possible scenarios. Also documentation on disk, pictures, etc. Requires: Pen 60, 16mbRAM, 1mbSVGA IBM - $90.00

STEEL PANTHERS Mega Campaign 3 Guadalcanal 1942 Matrix

For Steel Panthers 5.0 (also downloadable for free from Matrix Games). Mega campaigns are not linear, and branch into dozens of directions, depending on the victory level achieved by the player. You command a Marine Rifle Company and are part of the initial ivnasion of Guadalcanal in 1942. Japan must not complete that airfield it is building! Requires: Pen 60, 16mbRAM, 1mbSVGA IBM - $77.00

Now I will be blunt, this operation is full of shitt!!!

I don't care what the state of the Italian economy is, asking 99 bucks US for Steel Panthers Arsenal is f**King extortion.
A. those games are old DOS games I can get for next to FREE!!
B. some of those games appear in numerous locations as free downloads In some cases as updated versions ie Steel Panthers also known as Steel PanthersWaW through Matrix here or Steel PanthersWW2 as well as Steel Panthers 2 Modern Battles otherwise known as Steel Panthers MBT at Wargamer.com
C. A US resident could get it for you and put in personal mail for next to nothing as well.

Don't believe me? Then you have never met Margaret (see this thread)
s...&threadid=23921

Frankly I am outraged that a company could hang out to dry Italian game players like this.

Want my opinion...send Matrix the funds in US Dollars for the Mega Campaign cd of your choice in Matrix prices, and arrange for one of us appropriately equiped (hardware/software wise) members of the forum to burn you a copy and mail it to ya.

Yes I know this will offend someone out there in the shipping and tarrifs community. Screw them.
As long as Matrix gets a defacto purchase sent, who cares is my feeling.

I only listed Steel Panthers games from the site. But just about half of their games are outright robbery prices. It's amazing there is any wargaming community in Italy at all.

Panzer General series games, outrageous prices when you consider you can find them here for free

http://pub131.ezboard.com/bjpspanzers

I reeeeeeeeally feel sorry for my Italian location wargaming bretheren this morning.
If these prices are typical of commerce in Italy, then I guess it will be the last country that will ever appear on my travel list should I ever experience the option.
I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Hmm addendum, that site mentions Aussy dollars, they may be Australian, still there is no excuse for their prices.

Who cares where they are from.
Marc von Martial

Post by Marc von Martial »

Originally posted by Les the Sarge 9-1
Hmm addendum, that site mentions Aussy dollars, they may be Australian, still there is no excuse for their prices.

Who cares where they are from.

Les, it is Aussie dollars, one Aussie Dollar equals around 50 Us cent ;). Calm down ;)
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Yes I was getting to realise that.

Still 99 lame Aussie dollars is still insane.
Marc von Martial

Post by Marc von Martial »

Originally posted by Les the Sarge 9-1
Yes I was getting to realise that.

Still 99 lame Aussie dollars is still insane.

Everything is more expensive in Australia, remind also import and taxes ;)
PeckingFury

Post by PeckingFury »

I think I would be more angry at the poor dope that purchased the game :D. Wonder if I could get $90.00 for this shareware version of doom hmmm.....

I noticed that the desert fox wasnt being sold any longer , wont pay anything but regular price but would like to get my hands on that one, seems I waited to long to get it didnt think it was not going to be in stock any longer.
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Ok I looked at the Matrix products page.

Mega Campaigns listing at 24.99 (US dollars I take it).

I bought Lost Victories when it was 19.95 (I am positive it was that but not absolutely sure to be honest).

In crummy Canadian dollars it came to something like 30 some dollars (it figures I finally clean out old paperwork and now I could use it).

Lets just propell it to 50 some dollars just for the heck of it using the current posted 24.99 price.

Hmmm that is still 40 some dollars short of that 90 bucks according to that Aussie source.

Am I wrong here? I know my basic math sucks, but I don't think it's that bad.

I usurped shipping costs into Canada by what I hope is by now a much documented method ie have a US contact just mail it from their place after their having ordered it and then re shipped it.

All things considered, choosing that company over a "Margaret" is just not an option. And if having international locations means excessive additional costs, thanks but no thanks, they can just forget my interest.

Margaret has purchased for me from Matrix, CDAcess.com as well as Talonsoft.
In all cases I have not incurred anything beyond the actual price and nothing more.
Sure my Canadian dollar is a pain, but paying 40 bucks in addition, not going to happen at this address any time soon.

If a company offered to get games , and at those prices, I would likely tell them what I tell telemarketers trying to sell me on the latest Long Distance plan.

Get Bent!!

I am not infinitely rich, nor nearly dumb enough to stand for that sort of thing.

Combat Leader will be quite expensive (In my terms) when it is on sale. I'm ready for that. 60 bucks US is going to be really serious in Canadian Dollars.

Having a company attempt to sell to me in the manner that Aussie company looks ready to though, would only get me laughing in their face as I explain it is far easier to get a "real" friend to acquire it.

That Aussie company is no defacto "friend" to me just making it so the game comes from a non US postal location.
Fred98

Post by Fred98 »

AUD 90 = approx USD 55

Return to “General Discussion”