Manual Race Selection: Mechanoids and Shakturi

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

MagnumOpus

Manual Race Selection: Mechanoids and Shakturi

Post by MagnumOpus »

I've hit a snag in my quest to find the perfect settings for an epic Shadows game. I just want the game to flow like a typical RotS/Shadows game, but I want to set the AI home planets to Excellent so that they have less trouble getting started.

The Mechanoids and Shakturi appear in the drop-down selection when manually adding races. I definitely don't want two Ancient Guardians, or to have the Shakturi present from the start. Do I have to add these to my game if I want the RotS events? Or should I leave them off the list and the game will take care of setting up the Ancient Guardians and bringing in the Shakturi when appropriate (as when you auto-generate)?

Note: I'm playing with the Extended mod races, in case Mechanoids/Shakturi aren't normally in the list for vanilla.
Aeson

RE: Manual Race Selection: Mechanoids and Shakturi

Post by Aeson »

Mechanoids and Shakturi are in fact not normally on the list of playable species. I cannot specifically answer your question because I've never played with the extended races mod, but I would assume that if you enable Return of the Shakturi storyline events in the Victory Conditions screen of the game setup, you'll have both the default Ancient Guardians and all the triggers for bringing the Shakturi into play later in the game.
Kantay

Post by Kantay »

If you have the events enabled, the game creates the default Mechanoid empire with their Utopia that just sits there as always, no need to add them as a separate empire.
MagnumOpus

Post by MagnumOpus »

Awesome thanks all!

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”