MP Snapshots (Naval Battle)

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Lukas, Erik2

Lukas

MP Snapshots (Naval Battle)

Post by Lukas »

Some screenshots of a PBEM++ naval battle Dave (Myrddraal) and I were testing today. With some totally objective screen captions!

Sailing in close formation for maximum AA support, my Imperial Fleet is unimpressed by Dave's pesky F4F Wildcat fighter.

After taking significant damage from Long Lance torpedo volleys, the Americans have started to return fire!

Sinking, exploding and burning ships all around us. Glory to the Emperor!
Myrddraal

RE: MP Snapshots (Naval Battle)

Post by Myrddraal »

I'm pretty sure that Lukas tweaks the unit stats and combat mechanics to favour whatever faction he plans to play as next.

Also, I'm sure it will come as no surprise to you all that Lukas designed the scenario shown above... he had 4 carrier unit to my two...
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

Lies! I didn't have 4 carriers, I had 3! And any tweaks I coincidentally do to my units are purely for gameplay and balance testing purposes!

You just happen to be on the wrong end of the Long Lance torpedo [:'(]
R35

Post by R35 »

Wait a second! You have an animation for the actual sinking of the ships (instead of just an explosion)? That last picture seems to show one that is sinking and one that is completely submerged (to the right). Do these wrecks influence the access of other ships to that hex?

Oh, and wait a second! Myrddraal`s name is Dave?!
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

Yes. No. Yes.
Myrddraal

Post by Myrddraal »

To expand on Lukas' answers...

The wrecks of ships (and tanks & all other units) are graphical ornamentation only, they don't have an impact on game rules. If another unit moves to a hex containing a wreck, that wreck fades out.

And yes, since the cat is out of the bag: my name is Dave.
v.Manstein

Post by v.Manstein »

We all know that Lukas cheats a lot to get his stats right, haha.
R35

Post by R35 »

Ok, just wanted to get all the information from the first post straight. :D
The wrecks of ships (and tanks & all other units) are graphical ornamentation only, they don't have an impact on game rules. If another unit moves to a hex containing a wreck, that wreck fades out.
The graphics of the game look awesome and I`m personally very happy that you`ve putt the effort into giving this rich visual experience. Years ago I was hopping PG would go this way and I now see the things on my wish list finally got created. Good show! :D
bobk

Post by bobk »

Looking pretty sweet fellas.

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II”