Question about Colonization and Invasion

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Hassell

Question about Colonization and Invasion

Post by Hassell »

This question has two parts.

1st: if i take out planetary defenses and land troops on an enemy empire's world and win the planetary battle, do i need to land a colony ship on the world in order to take control of it? Or will it just become a colony once i win the troop battle on the ground?

2nd: i have the colonization distance set to 1 sector, to slow / limit expansion a little, so if i warp over to an enemy world to dominate it but it is more than 1 sector away from my colonies, can i take control of that world? Or must the target world be within 1 sector of my colony?

Any info would be much appreciated.
Ralzakark

RE: Question about Colonization and Invasion

Post by Ralzakark »

1. No, yes.

2. Yes, No. The limit only applies to colonisation by colony ship, not by invasion as far as I know.
Ossipago, Barbatus, and Famulimus
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

Colonization is only to found new colonies, invasions triggers ownership change when the attacker wins the ground battle.

Colonization range is not used when it comes to invasions.
Hassell

Post by Hassell »

Thanks for the feedback!

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”