Updated DB image & description packs are available!

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

CV60

RE: Updated DB image packs are available!

Post by CV60 »

Mgellis-Just for my info, are you having any trouble with downloading either the scenario files located at:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B205vpZ ... edit?pli=1

or the description files located at:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B205vpZ ... edit?pli=1

If you can download those without any problems, it may indicate that the issue is the size of the download. Possibly you are timing out, or some other issue.

One other idea: sometimes, security software is pretty quiet about blocking downloads. Because the image file is going to have a low reputation score, it might be blocked by your security software. Are you getting any messages at the bottom of your browser screen suggesting this might be the case?
I'm really beginning to hate Google Docs. :) I tried downloading the archive with Firefox. It tells me the download failed. I tried downloading the archive with a dedicated file download manager (Free Download Manager). It does not recognize the link as a .zip file. I tried another dedicated file downloader (Flashget). Zippo. I tried downloading the archive with a Firefox add-on designed to read Google Docs...INCLUDING .zip archives. The add-on tells me it cannot read that file. Look, I know I'm not the most brilliant person when it comes to computers, but it's one freakin' .zip file. It should not be this hard to download. There has got to be a better way.
“Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?” -Abraham Lincoln
Mgellis

Post by Mgellis »

Yes, I'm pretty sure it is the size issue. I don't have problems downloading the smaller files. I think the "critical mass" is somewhere around 400 megabytes, at least with Google Docs.

Mgellis

Post by Mgellis »

Would there be any possibility of just posting the archive as one large file AND as a set of smaller files (e.g., four or five of about 200 megabytes each)? Since the whole thing is just an archive of image files, it would not be hard to combine them once you download them all. Anyway, it's just a thought.

SSN754planker

Post by SSN754planker »

I have no issue with downloading from there.

Have you tried this...

Click this link then go to the top right, click File>Download.

Works everytime for me.
MY BOOK LIST
ST1/SS SSN 754
guanotwozero

Post by guanotwozero »

I've had good results using jdownloader to grab google doc files, including resuming if dropped.
Mgellis

Post by Mgellis »

ORIGINAL: guanotwozero

I've had good results using jdownloader to grab google doc files, including resuming if dropped.

I'm trying it now. (Actually, I'm not sure how I got it to start working...I THINK it was by getting the download dialogue in Firefox and instead of using one of the Save File options, I "opened" the .zip file with Jdownloader.) We'll see what happens...

I still think the easiest solution would be to just have a series of shorter files--e.g., about 200 megabytes each--and then combine them when you download them all. It certainly would have been easier for me. :)

Mgellis

Post by Mgellis »

Jdownloader finally worked. Many cool pictures. Thanks to the people maintaining the archive and also to everyone else who helped me out when I was trying to download it.

Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

FEB 15 UPDATE: Updated DB3000 & CWDB image packs available, with 7778 and 1450 images!
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

MARCH 25 UPDATE: Updated CWDB image pack available!
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

JUNE 2 UPDATE: Updated DB3000 image pack available! Over 8000 images! Over 1.1GB!
SSN754planker

Post by SSN754planker »

Warfaresims page still says May 26th 2014 version?
MY BOOK LIST
ST1/SS SSN 754
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Yes, that was the date that the pack was put together. The delay on gettting it uploaded is on us [:)]
ExNusquam

RE: Updated DB image & description packs are available!

Post by ExNusquam »

I can't seem to get the download to start from the current host. Any chance of a mirror?
mercho

Post by mercho »

Had the same problem with firefox. But using google chrome the download started without problems.
Eine von einem Löwen geführte Armee von Rehen ist gefährlicher als eine von einem Reh geführte Armee von Löwen.

An army of deers led by a lion is more dangerous than an army of lions led by a deer. (Plutarch AD 46 – AD 120)
ExNusquam

Post by ExNusquam »

ORIGINAL: mercho

Had the same problem with firefox. But using google chrome the download started without problems.
Weird, I tried Chrome and IE on my desktop. Just got it to work on firefox on my laptop...
kaburke61

Post by kaburke61 »

ORIGINAL: ExNusquam

I can't seem to get the download to start from the current host. Any chance of a mirror?

Yes, can we please get some link that will work with IE?
apoll

Post by apoll »

Agreed. I can't download the images either; using Firefox.

Apoll
apoll
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Added a second mirror link on the DL page.
pzjagd1

Post by pzjagd1 »

I tried the first Mirror site and the DL kept hanging. Tried the second and DLed the file in about 6 minutes.

I'm using Windows 8.1 and IE 11.
Jdegani

Post by Jdegani »

Is it possible to get the files as a regular ZIP file rather than 7z? I'm just trying to minimize the amount of extra software on my machine, but if there's a reason that 7z is preferable I can download the extraction software.

Awesome work, thanks for all your hard work!

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”