ATG v2.20 Private Beta Patch (removed)

Discuss and post your mods and scenarios here for others to download.

Moderator: Vic

Tac2i

ATG v2.20 Private Beta Patch (removed)

Post by Tac2i »

06/20/14: Matrix Games has released a public beta so I've removed my ATZIP file for the private beta.
--------------
Updated to support v2.20b released by Vic on 6/15/14.

First, if you haven't read Vic's posts read them. This install file is for those who are not comfortable unzipping files manually. This ATZIP file is for installing from within the game (exception: you must get the AdvancedTacticsGold.exe (v2.20b) file from Vic's post. If you don't know how to do this, then you probably ought to wait for the official public beta).

Read Vic's posts here:
tm.asp?m=3625619 (v2.20)
fb.asp?m=3636938 (v2.20b)

Read my post about NATO Mod (not required) and Main Screen mod (required if you want a button to launch TankModels.at2) here:
NATO Mod: tm.asp?m=2788950
Main Screen: tm.asp?m=3396271

This beta should have no affect on any games you have in progress. To get bug fixes provided in v2.20b or to use the tank model feature you must start a new game.

NOTE: If you have multiplayer game(s) in progress, others players will get a popup notification/warning about a new version if you play your current games with v2.20b or if you start a new game and other players are still using the older version. They can safely dismiss the popup and continue.

Download: (link removed)

Note: if you have trouble downloading, try right clicking link vice left clicking.

Description:

File not included: AdvancedTacticsGold.exe v2.20b (get this file from Vic's post referenced above. You must drop it into the root folder of Advanced Tactics Gold overwriting the current version. My atzip file provides the others. If you have manually installed Vic's private beta files all you need from mine are the TankModels.at2 and the defaultmod.txt file.

Files included are:

atgscenarios
..generic.at2 (Vic's 2.20b file)
..generic2.at2 (Vic's 2.20b file)
..anewdawn.at2 (Vic's 2.20b file)
..anewdawn2.at (Vic's 2.20b file)
..TankModels.at2 (Vic's newdawn2.at2 2.20b file [renamed by me] with some slight mods by me, for example changed to regular size hexes in auto screenshots vice small hexes)
..enhanced.at2 (Lancer's Enhanced Mod Suite (2.15i) with a few textual mods by me - does not support tank models - you must have Lancer's Enhanced Mod Suite installed to use this file)

ATG root folder
defaultmod.txt (main screen file - modded by me to provide a button to launch TankModels.at2 and other improvements to this screen. See this post: tm.asp?m=3396271 NOTE: if you are already using someone else's modified defaultmod.txt file, this will be overwritten ). By the way you can edit this file with any text editor if you want, for instance, to point to anewdawn2.at2 vice my slightly modified version.

Nothing in Vic's patch should have any affect on any games in progress (this has always been Vic's stance on his patches). Nothing in my modifications should have any affect on any games in progress.

NOTE: If you have multiplayer game(s) in progress, others players will get a popup notification/warning about a new version if you play your current games with v2.20b or if you start a new game and other players are still using the older version. They can safely dismiss the popup and continue.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Twotribes

RE: ATG v2.20 Patch (private beta)

Post by Twotribes »

Clicking on the link does not bring up a download it opens the file.
Favoritism is alive and well here.
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Right click and choose "Save As." That should work.
ORIGINAL: Twotribes

Clicking on the link does not bring up a download it opens the file.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

Thanks for the package, Webizen,

When I tried it I got the "this could take awhile ..." message followed by an "Error in unpacking" message. I do not have "Lancer's enhanced mod" installed, and wonder if this might be the issue?

Chuck
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

I have one more question about your nice NATO counter mod. I am playing the nice GD1938 scenario. Is there a way to enable the NATO mod for this scenario?

Thanks,

Chuck
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Re: "this could take awhile ..." This is a standard message from ATG. Just click OK and proceed.

Re: "Error in unpacking" Hmmm, I see this message to but everything seems to have unpacked ok. I've examined the files and it all looks as it should. I'll check further. Do you get new main screen when you launch the game?

Tac2i (formerly webizen)
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

I installed it all by hand. I do see the custom menu. It was not replaced by the running of the .atzip file.

Chuck
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Fixed: I should not have included the AdvancedTacticsGold.exe v2.20 file (duh!). You cannot overwrite this file via the in-game install method. One will have to know how to manually overwrite the file from Vic's private beta zip file.

Re: "I am playing the nice GD1938 scenario. Is there a way to enable the NATO mod for this scenario?" Probably but I'm guessing it would be a lot of work as I believe this mod uses a ton of custom graphics to represent the units.
ORIGINAL: cpdeyoung

I installed it all by hand. I do see the custom menu. It was not replaced by the running of the .atzip file.

Chuck
Tac2i (formerly webizen)
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Updated to support Vic's v2.20b version of the private beta patch (released 6/15/14). See top post for details.
Tac2i (formerly webizen)

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”