Reliving the First World War - Day by Day

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Greyshaft

Reliving the First World War - Day by Day

Post by Greyshaft »

With the 100th anniversary of the start of WW1 looming I thought it would be good to keep myself up to date with a regular reminder of what happened exactly 100 years ago (rinse and repeat every morning until 11/11/2018). This would give me a feel for the immense emotional involvement by those who endured the war.

Does anyone know of a website that is planning to provide an "On this day" snapshot of WW1 events for the next four years?
/Greyshaft
RedArgo

RE: Reliving the First World War - Day by Day

Post by RedArgo »

Since he has done such a great job on the American Civil War day by day stories, I nominate Capt Harlock to do this. [:)]
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

Back when I was in the library business, I ordered this item for our collection:

Title:
World War I day by day / Ian Westwell.

Format:
Book

Author:
Westwell, Ian.

Publisher, Date:
Osceola, WI : MBI Pub., 2000.

Description:
192 p. : ill., maps ; 28 cm.

Subjects:
World War, 1914-1918 -- Chronology.

Other title:
World War One day by day

World War 1 day by day

Notes:
Includes index.

LCCN:

ISBN:
0760309388 (alk. paper)
british exil

Post by british exil »

ORIGINAL: RedArgo

Since he has done such a great job on the American Civil War day by day stories, I nominate Capt Harlock to do this. [:)]

Agree the ACW thread is a must read for me everyday. I often find myself getting mixed up by some of the names, as the ACW is not something taught in the schools I visited. But nevertheless a great read, would be great if we had a WWI thread.

Mat
"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS

Return to “General Discussion”