How do I add ships to the repair queue

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

tinjaw

How do I add ships to the repair queue

Post by tinjaw »

This is my first game of DW.

I discovered some ancient ships. I have sent a construction ship to repair them. After the construction ship repaired the capital ship it went off to retrofit.

I have sent a second construction ship to repair another of the ships. I see that is says that it has 1 in the queue. This leads me to believe that I can add an order to repair another ship immediately following that by adding one of the other ancient ships to this queue.

I thought I might be able to shift-right-click on the other ships to add it to the queue, but that doesn't work.

Is there a way to add another ship to the queue so I can get the construction ship to stick around and repair the other ships before going off on some other mission, like retrofitting itself?
Bingeling

RE: How do I add ships to the repair queue

Post by Bingeling »

It is the constructor to have a queue.

You can queue missions with a control right click. That is the way to do specific stuff. You can maybe queue a constructor by a quick button below the selection panel with the capital selected, that works for other normal constructor tasks like mine building.

The best way to organize constructors in this way is to grab them for quick manual duties. As long as a constructor is not actually in the process of building, it would hardly hurt to boss it around. Automate it when done.

I am quite sure you can order a constructor to queue around all the derelict ships if you use the ctrl-right click and queue next missions.
Darkspire

Post by Darkspire »

ORIGINAL: Bingeling

It is the constructor to have a queue.

You can queue missions with a control right click. That is the way to do specific stuff. You can maybe queue a constructor by a quick button below the selection panel with the capital selected, that works for other normal constructor tasks like mine building.

The best way to organize constructors in this way is to grab them for quick manual duties. As long as a constructor is not actually in the process of building, it would hardly hurt to boss it around. Automate it when done.

I am quite sure you can order a constructor to queue around all the derelict ships if you use the ctrl-right click and queue next missions.

You can not queue a repair mission with the CTRL menu. I have been campaigning for many moons to get this added but to no avail [:(]

Darkspire
tinjaw

Post by tinjaw »

I am unable to find a way to add to the repair queue. The only option I can see is to refuel or to *move* to the ship in need of repair.

http://www.screencast.com/t/KbEcW6zUbtr
tinjaw

Post by tinjaw »

ORIGINAL: Darkspire

You can not queue a repair mission with the CTRL menu. I have been campaigning for many moons to get this added but to no avail [:(]

Darkspire

Thank you. Is there a bug tracker somewhere where I can +1 the issue?
Darkspire

Post by Darkspire »

ORIGINAL: tinjaw

ORIGINAL: Darkspire

Darkspire

Thank you. Is there a bug tracker somewhere where I can +1 the issue?

I think they go in here, not a bug as such, more like an oversight hence it would be a feature methinks.

Master Wishlist Thread

Darkspire

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”