Free money

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Fleshbits

Free money

Post by Fleshbits »

Since the private sector pays for their ship upgraded and you can manually make any design you want and you can also manually retrofit them, why not make ridiculous freighters with 10 long range sensors or some other silly thing and then retrofit them, make a new design back to the original and retrofit again for free money from your private sector?

Windows 7 64 bit, i7 930, GTX670, 12 gig DDR 1300
Kingah

RE: Free money

Post by Kingah »

Because you want to be a benevolent ruler.... Don't you?
pycco

Post by pycco »

you can you could also switch off armor components for shied components over and over again to make $$$, but why would you? not only will it make you freights delivery's slow to a crawl, why not manage your empire better? they minuscule amount of money they would give will not save you if you need $$$$ that bad just sell techs,maps.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
-Mark Twain
Lucian

Post by Lucian »

Or you could just go into the editor and give yourself money.
Red Dawn

Post by Red Dawn »

It's not free money,its your money,which you couldn't tax(empire gdp),so private sector kept it.
And private sector usually hoards cash, that income just piles over the years into a hefty sum,unlike state that spends everything they have.
It's true people will say its exploitation but i think,it's not,because private sector sucks at spending,how much ship construction money ,does state get in entire game, from the private sector?
It's very less compared to what they still have after years of ship buying,they are always swimming in cash.

There should be another way of influencing private sector to spend more,till then i think this exploit(not an exploit really) is good to go for.

Why clog up spaceports,in un-necessary retrofitting,and not to mention the private fleet would be slow as hell if you put 10 long range scanners on them,and your game speed will reduce,as ship icons will show all over the galaxy thanks to long range scanning.

I think retrofitting a fake mining station on low value resource planet is best option(if you are using this exploit),instead of private ships,just put useless components on that mining station design, and retrofit simple design to expensive design and then scrap,then rebuild simple then same process again and again.
Red Dawn

Post by Red Dawn »

Ok For Example,lets look at the real world,is it any different?

What if a few politicians in some corrupt government(every government is corrupt) ,in some country decides they want peoples money,so they pass a resolution to refit all cars in some government camps or workshops(that way they can make money).
They decide that every car must have "Big 3d surround sound systems" or whatever say Solar Cell plating on the roof tops,and everyone must do it or they will be taken off road,do you protest?
do you think its exploitation?

Thats just government policies to make money,they are just tools in hands of sick politicians.
So when we say ship must have 50 X ion defense thats something,which is my policy to make money although i know ship can fly without ion defense too.

In my country where i live,insurance coverage is pathetic,if i bump my car and bust my "bumper(fender)" they say its not covered,but where i live the "bumper" is only place that gets bumped haha haha its true.
So why do i pay for insurance,i dont usually go hit a tree every month and total my car.
I'm not saying insurance is not needed ,but i think insurance is really not needed its a total waste where i am .

But government says i cant drive without insurance so,what the heck,i just have to have it,and my money goes in some insurance companies pocket which is being run partly by state and owned partly by some politicians.

Real life is full of these examples.
So i think it is justified what we are doing.
Is it right? ofcourse not.
But its justified ,because its way of life.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”