Sub-forum for released Mods/Themes?

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Upuauta

Sub-forum for released Mods/Themes?

Post by Upuauta »

This forum get´s more and more cluttered with threads about mods/themes (in development and released) and question about modding. So it´s getting more and more difficult to really find what you look for. Wouldn´t it be a good idea to make a separate forum just and only for mod/theme-releases where only threads for the mods are allowed? The normal questions and discussions could be left here. So it would be much easier to find what one is looking for? Just an idea.
ChildServices

RE: Sub-forum for released Mods/Themes?

Post by ChildServices »

I actually think this is a really good idea. Almost every other game that supports modding has their own modding forum arranged that way, and I can very plainly see why.
Alexander the Great, his name struck fear into hearts of men.
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

Please fix this. Maybe even a third forum to separate mod development from released mods, from general modding discussions.
Tampa_Gamer

Post by Tampa_Gamer »

Whatever method is chosen (even if its just an update to some existing master mod lists) it would be good to include at a minimum, the title (also serves as link to posting thread), short description, files modified and compatibility information. Xenonauts has the same issue with extensive prior beta mods and now an official release. See the table they put together here:

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/foru ... ctive-Mods

The problem with master mod lists is that they require the original poster to continually update and put in a lot of work (assuming they don't eventually get tired of the game). I made a proposal awhile back for each modder to have one post in a master thread where they could provide brief descriptions of each of their mods and provide their own links to the full posts. This would allow each modder to edit their original posts as they are updated. This was the original idea thread which could still be used if folks are interested-

tm.asp?m=3336616&mpage=1&key=�
For those interested, forum thread link to post with a master list of all my DW mods: Link

Return to “Design and Modding”