Computer robot virus for game; plagues.txt file

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

tjhkkr

Computer robot virus for game; plagues.txt file

Post by tjhkkr »

I was thinking for droids (I am a star wars fan) of trying to build a deployable computer anti-droid virus...
So...
May be make the natural occurrence in the population 0...
But make the droids the 'exception' populace and make it lethal for them...

Any thoughts on this...?
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.
Fenrisfil

RE: Computer robot virus for game; plagues.txt file

Post by Fenrisfil »

It could work in a mod with a single mechanical race (i.e. droids). You will actually need to modify every other virus however so that the droids aren't affected by organic viruses (otherwise it would be a bit silly). If you have more than one mechanical race or an organic virus that affects a different (non-droid) race in a unique way however, it won't work so well. I usually just make mechanical races immune to plagues, which isn't an option if you want computer viruses.

That's the theory anyway, you'd have to test it in practice. But with a single droid race you could in theory have a number of organic and computer viruses running concurrently.
AMD Phenom II X4 3.2ghz, 16gb ram, 64bit Windows 7, Radeon HD6900.
Solarius Scorch

RE: Computer robot virus for game; plagues.txt file

Post by Solarius Scorch »

ORIGINAL: Fenrisfil

You will actually need to modify every other virus however so that the droids aren't affected by organic viruses (otherwise it would be a bit silly).

Are you SURE?

:P
Forever Future 1.7 for Call to Power - the biggest mod for the best Civilization-like game ever!

Return to “Design and Modding”