Weird Colony Name Issue

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Hannable

Weird Colony Name Issue

Post by Hannable »

I added a few hundred names for my colonies to the colonyname.txt file and for some reason, some names are showing up blank (literally, no name at all) while others seem to work okay. There's no rhyme or reason to this error so I'm wondering if anyone else encountered this, is it a bug, is there a fix?
"Only one human captain has survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else." - Delenn of Minbar
Rahal

RE: Weird Colony Name Issue

Post by Rahal »

Which text editor did you use?
Hannable

Post by Hannable »

I'm just using the standard windows text editor, the same file the game uses. I just copied the file in the main directory, put my names in it, then moved it to my customization folder.

What's weird is that it names every other colony. It'll name the first, leave the second blank, then name the third colony (with the second name on the list). I'm not sure what would cause the game to think there is a blank space between the names when there isn't one in the actual list.
"Only one human captain has survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else." - Delenn of Minbar
Darkspire

Post by Darkspire »

ORIGINAL: Hannable

I'm just using the standard windows text editor, the same file the game uses. I just copied the file in the main directory, put my names in it, then moved it to my customization folder.

What's weird is that it names every other colony. It'll name the first, leave the second blank, then name the third colony (with the second name on the list). I'm not sure what would cause the game to think there is a blank space between the names when there isn't one in the actual list.

Can you attach the file or link to it? I will have a look at it for you.

Darkspire

Return to “Design and Modding”