Way Of Darkness Govt. Question

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies and ship designs with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

FingNewGuy

Way Of Darkness Govt. Question

Post by FingNewGuy »

Does the Way of Darkness government type change out Leader characters?

ehsumrell1

RE: Way Of Darkness Govt. Question

Post by ehsumrell1 »

ORIGINAL: FingNewGuy

Does the Way of Darkness government type change out Leader characters?

It can happen. Governments that do not have elected leaders (Despotism, Feudalism, Hive Mind, Military Dictatorship, Monarchy, Technocracy, Corporate Nationalism, Way of Darkness) normally get to keep their leader until the leader is removed by events or is otherwise eliminated. However, there is a chance of a change of leader (much smaller than that of elected governments) based on certain factors.

Unelected governments that lose a leader gain a replacement immediately, but also suffer a period of disruption. The disruption makes revolting systems and civil war more likely, as if the government type were changing each year, though not quite as severe. As long as the disruption continues, there is also a chance that the leader may change again. Way of Darkness has the highest chance of minimizing this period of disruption, followed by Monarchy, Technocracy and Corporate Nationalism. Feudalism and Military Dictatorship are more likely to have a longer period of disruption. Hope this helps!
[:)]
Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...
FingNewGuy

RE: Way Of Darkness Govt. Question

Post by FingNewGuy »

Yes thank you, your response does help! I was looking for what to expect...

I have had this leader for quite a while now in my ongoing megawar; should I lose this leader, I will subsequently spend the balance of that day crying like a little girl. Also my empire will probably totally collapse. [:(]

Paradoxically, it's part of why I love this game so much! [8D]

Attachments
20140531_082829.jpg
20140531_082829.jpg (605.27 KiB) Viewed 62 times

Return to “The War Room”