Construction ships and research stations

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

neofit

Construction ships and research stations

Post by neofit »

Is there a trick to make Construction Ships build less Research Stations yet keep them on auto? OK, I am currently 40K below my limit, but that doesn't mean I want a new 0K/120K/0K station and completely skew my research effort distribution?

I have found something that looks like it in the Empire Policies screen. In the 'Research and Design' paragraph, the first field is called 'Research Priority'. What priority is this? The priority for the Construction Ships, or something else? I don't want to put 'Low' in there then see my research go down for an unknown reason. I really have no idea what this setting is there for.
Bingeling

RE: Construction ships and research stations

Post by Bingeling »

I'd guess that is construction priority on research stations. I don't know that it is, though, but what else?

Apart from building research stations, the only other possible priority is the research branch in the high tech research section, and the weight on that.

If cash is relaxed, you can always build research stations at your colonies manually to balance research. Select colony, ctrl-right click, select your structure. It is added to the colony build queue. If you discover you have one too many, scrap a colony one.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”