cheese alert

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

charlie0311

cheese alert

Post by charlie0311 »

early 41, sov, place airgroups with damaged/obsolete aircraft in airbases sure to get displaced.

cheesy way to get rid of damaged planes , they don't fly away.

sooo, way cool.

charlie
BrianG

RE: cheese alert

Post by BrianG »

Maybe a little misguided as they might be losing a few good pilots at the same time.

charlie0311

Post by charlie0311 »

maybe, let's see what the old hands say.
loki100

Post by loki100 »

ORIGINAL: charlie0311

early 41, sov, place airgroups with damaged/obsolete aircraft in airbases sure to get displaced.

cheesy way to get rid of damaged planes , they don't fly away.

sooo, way cool.

charlie

You are losing three potential gains this way.

One is that once a plane is truely obsolete (ie no squadron anywhere uses it) then it is scrapped and you get back some of the APs etc ... I'm sure this is true about armour, I think its true about planes;
Second, if that empty squadron goes into reserve, then unless you spend AP to upgrade to a new aircraft type, then you will end up spending resources replacing them;
Third, a squadron of say 1-153s will happily sit in the reserve, gaining morale till you want to upgrade to something nice. So once you start to get the second generation fighters and IL-2s in late 42 you have a ready made framework to assign them to.

I used to use APs to delete the old junk quite early, I now tend to do this to any surviving squadrons by late 42 (when the VVS switches to 40 plane units).
charlie0311

Post by charlie0311 »

1. I can't tell when the computer stops assigning the old stuff. It looks like it depends on how much is in the pools. So if there was more good stuff then you wouldn't have to manual upgrade.
2. Don't think the squadrons every go all the way empty. If they get low on planes the computer adds new ones from the pools.
3. The squadron will upgrade automatically once there are sufficient numbers of the newer types available.

the point I am trying to make is that to reduce the numbers of the old stuff enough so that you could use the automatic upgrade and save some AP's
loki100

Post by loki100 »

remove

gingerbread

Post by gingerbread »

Having an airbase displaced means losing vehicles. You do not want that.
charlie0311

Post by charlie0311 »

very good point, not really into cheese anyway.

Return to “The War Room”