My current game and impressions

Commander - The Great War is the latest release in the popular and playable Commander series of historical strategy games. Gamers will enjoy a huge hex based campaign map that stretches from the USA in the west, Africa and Arabia to the south, Scandinavia to the north and the Urals to the east on a new engine that is more efficient and fully supports widescreen resolutions.
Commander – The Great War features a Grand Campaign covering the whole of World War I from the invasion of Belgium on August 5, 1914 to the Armistice on the 11th of November 1918 in addition to 16 different unit types including Infantry, Cavalry, Armoured Cars and Tanks, Artillery, Railroad Guns and Armoured Trains and more!

Moderators: Lord Zimoa, MOD_Commander_The_Great_War

kevini1000

My current game and impressions

Post by kevini1000 »

I wanted to give some feedback to make certain things are working right. I'm playing as the central powers. I feel they are more challenging over all. You really have to manage and balance things carefully as the central powers. I'm currently on turn 8. In the West I captured Liege and Brussels while isolating Antwerp and Calais. I eventually sneak into Rouen sort of which is a better port for my needs than the other two currently. I also took Verdun. The front is basically a straight diagonal line from the Swiss border to the two hexes north east of Paris and the 3 hexes from Rouen to the one north of Paris. My next move will be to try to take Paris. The Eastern front is basically defensive. I've have just enough mass of force to have a consecutive front line which has a salient around Warsaw. I've inflicted some losses to the Russians and have kept my losses light. In Serbia I've taken Belgrade, Kraljevo and Nis. Losses on both side here has been higher than anywhere else. At sea I've sunk 4 allied CA's and 1 Russian CA. I also caught three transports loaded with 1 French infantry and 2 British small garrison's. They were trying to reinforce Serbia would be my guess. The priority as I said will be Paris. For AH they will continue to press Serbia. It will take some time to take down Serbia. In the East I will mostly mount an active defensive while pressing the Salient around Warsaw with the aim of taking it if possible. Eliminating this salient will shorten my lines and free up some units. I'm thinking about building some air ships and subs to go after their economies.

Return to “Commander - The Great War”