Space Port issues

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Numdydar

Space Port issues

Post by Numdydar »

Started a game and built my first SP. Pirates showed up and damaged 12 components. It will not repair. I sent a Constructor and no menu would come up to repair. So I scrapped it.

Started a new SP and nothing happens. I look at my resource pool to see if I am missing anything and as far as I can tell I'm not. It would be REALLY nice if you were trying to build something and did not have the resources you needed, the game would highlight it somewhere. But nooooo.

So any suggestions on

a) how to figure out why it is not being built or the other one repaired
b) how to tell what resources you are short of
pycco

RE: Space Port issues

Post by pycco »

it will repair automatically, depending on what parts are damaged it takes some time.
expansion planner show lots of information about resources and can be sorted a variety of ways, to see the stores of resources the colony screen.

PAY THE PIRATES also don't go to big with starting designs.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
-Mark Twain
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

Yes I know about the planner. And I tried sorting under unfilled and could not see anything that told me I was short of any resources.

So what you are saying is that the SP SHOULD have automatically repaired but since it did not, I assume I was short some kind of resource correct? So explain is simple 'See Jane run' terms HOW I can use the planner to determine what exact resource I could be short of?
pycco

Post by pycco »

by sorting the EP(expansion planner) by unfilled resources. should show you if you are out of said resources, when designing a anything it will tell you if you don't have the needed resources.
what i was saying about the SP is have patience this is not a game that can be rushed.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
-Mark Twain
FireStarterXoX69

Post by FireStarterXoX69 »

I would probably just look at the SP's cargo directly. The table shows you what resources you have and the amount. The column next to it will show you something like the amount of the said resources that are "locked" because they're being used for something like... let's say rebuilding a destroyed component. If the number on the right is higher than the number on the left you NEED those resources. If you are not getting these resources then it could be a number of factors. If you're short on freighters then maybe take a look at the private sector. Can they even afford the ships? If not, try to bootstrap your economy a little.

If I'm way off then I might have misunderstood completely what's going on here and let me know. Good luck mate.
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

I did give it time, like 4 years of game time. So it was a resource issue not a time issue.

But again I cannot see in the planner what resource is the issue.

I know you are trying to help, but I have played the previous versions quite a bit. So I do have some idea of what I am doing.
pycco

Post by pycco »

ORIGINAL: Numdydar

I did give it time, like 4 years of game time. So it was a resource issue not a time issue.

But again I cannot see in the planner what resource is the issue.

I know you are trying to help, but I have played the previous versions quite a bit. So I do have some idea of what I am doing.

ok, thought you were totally new sorry m8, then yes its a resource. in the planner it says 0 under in transit,reserved,unfilled? if so its your planet rebelling? only things i can think of that would cause this. if its not one of these please post a save i will try to help figure it out with you.
-Mark Twain
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

Here is the SP and the cargo has

Attachments
SPcargo.jpg
SPcargo.jpg (116.2 KiB) Viewed 144 times
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

Here is the Planner sorted on Unfilled. These are all it says that my Empire needs correct? All the ones higher say 0 which I would take to mean that I either have 0 requests for those or do not need them.

Attachments
EPsorted.jpg
EPsorted.jpg (69.11 KiB) Viewed 145 times
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

And as requested here is the save game

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hzuir22lzm9wb13/Autosave4.dwg
pycco

Post by pycco »

ya its defiantly a resource, could be a few. see how it says all the resources are reserved, that's the problem i think. try canceling some things being built. could also be lack of freighters, you said your space port is down right? do you have mines up?
ok i will look at save few minutes and ill be back.
-Mark Twain
FireStarterXoX69

Well, from that screenshot he is fine. The amount of resources reserved isn't more than what he currently has in cargo.
pycco

Post by pycco »

ORIGINAL: FireStarterXoX69

Well, from that screenshot he is fine. The amount of resources reserved isn't more than what he currently has in cargo.

can it reserve more than he has?

cant load save this is DW:U correct, what mods are you using. did not think the graphics mod would effect this.
-Mark Twain
FireStarterXoX69

I've had many situations where my reserved is like 2x more than the amt on hand. I was gonna try to load the game and help him out as well, but I don't have the same mods. I'm thinking there's something we're overlooking and someone will come on here within the next few hours and let us know and we'll feel like idiots :P
pycco

Post by pycco »

ORIGINAL: FireStarterXoX69

I've had many situations where my reserved is like 2x more than the amt on hand. I was gonna try to load the game and help him out as well, but I don't have the same mods. I'm thinking there's something we're overlooking and someone will come on here within the next few hours and let us know and we'll feel like idiots :P

lol most likely, and ouch i play carefully to avoid that.
-Mark Twain
Darkspire

Post by Darkspire »

Started a game and built my first SP. Pirates showed up and damaged 12 components. It will not repair. I sent a Constructor and no menu would come up to repair. So I scrapped it.

Constructors will not repair SP's. The colony they are in obit of will repair them. You may have a backlog on the colony? Have you checked the construction queue for the colony? Another factor is that it may be waiting for resources, are you on auto retrofit? that will cause a problem if the SP is / was being upgraded and it got damaged.
Started a new SP and nothing happens. I look at my resource pool to see if I am missing anything and as far as I can tell I'm not. It would be REALLY nice if you were trying to build something and did not have the resources you needed, the game would highlight it somewhere. But nooooo.

One of the main problems when this happens is that a base has had a design upgrade, like lasers, and you do not have the resources to cover the new design. Universe has had some serious upgrades on how freighters work, still not perfect but they are much, much better than they were, they will find and supply the missing resources, might take time though.
The other thing to try is to contact the pirates and get a smuggling contract underway, if you are 100% sure of what you are missing ask them to deliver the missing resource, if you are not sure then ask them to deliver anything your missing with an all resources contract.
So any suggestions on

a) how to figure out why it is not being built or the other one repaired
b) how to tell what resources you are short of

a) See my first response.
b) The expansion planner will detail what you are short of, also might be worth checking the SP design screen, that will also list what resources you are missing for the build.

Darkspire
pycco

Post by pycco »

again thank you so much
-Mark Twain
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

There is a real possibility that it is not repairing due to a bug. I had that happen before (a long time ago), reported it, and I can't remember if there was any indication of a fix being made.

Breet

Post by Breet »

What's the colony doing/building? I think SP will only auto repair if you have the repair module researched, otherwise it's repaird from colony (unless it's one of those random starbase/ports that are abandoned, then a constructor can repair.
Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

Sorry forgot to mention I am using the Universe Extended mod. But since it is just new races and graphic mods that should not cause an issue.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3616942

DarkSpire,

I had refitting on manual with no luck and then changed it to auto and still no luck. Also the SP has been like this since just a few months into the game. So there was definitely no much else being built at the time. Also I did not try retrofitting until 4 years had passed with No repair.

Again, I still cannot see from any screens what resource is stopping the repair. One of my damaged component's is a small cargo bay that needs steel and polymer to repair. I have 129 units of polymer and 423 of steel in the cargo bay of the SP. So why the $%^%$ was this not repaired YEARS ago. And is still not repairing? I sure hope it is a bug because I sure can't figure out why it will not repair.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”