Tall Tales:Zigurat666 vs Zuluhour (no zulu)

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Zigurat666

Tall Tales:Zigurat666 vs Zuluhour (no zulu)

Post by Zigurat666 »

Just wanted to post a short (very short) AAR on my game with Zuluhour as I,m sure there are some of you out there that are just a wee bit curious about the Jap side of that game.It is not really my intention to carry on as we go as I,m not much of a writer but here we go anyways to start.

Early War Grand Strategy:
Starting from the get go it was my intention to setup a defensive perimeter spanning from just south of Rabaul to the Gilberts, DEI and Northern Australia. Burma was to be just a harassing area as were the Aluetians.
In the past I have always picked on Australia because I could never grasp the strategy of India but I wanted to have a more historical feel to the game so I decided I would only invade further than these borders if opportunity arose.

Auss: All objectives were met with some minor setbacks. First quarter of 42 brought a change of heart to the poor people of western Australia and I decided that since I had a very swift consolidation of the DEI that I would use all extra LCU’s and occupy Perth/Geraldton. Strictly with the intention of delaying Zulu I found the advantage very quickly down there and most of the western region was in my control.I decided to push further east but when bombs started to rain down on my boys in the middle of the desert I decided to just consolidate back west.

China:I always like taking China in scen 2 since you have more LCU to play with and it does add a little industry to the chain. I am also always paranoid of allied 4E being based there (nasty business) so China is a priority.Unfortunatly I didn’t plan very well and let my supplies get too far behind. At the gates of Chunking I was forced to retreat and regroup as too many chinese insurgents were running around in unsecure areas.

Gilberts/Marshalls: All on schedule,Zulu made an attempt to test me at Tabiteaua but was punished for this as land forces were vanquished from the island and severe damage dealt to the American carrier force resulting in at least 3 CV possibly 4

Aluetians: Status quo,as I,m not really interested in them as anything other than an early warning base.

I had only 1 major setback in 42 and a real pisser…
Against my orders my CV taskforce patrolling near Suva decides to break off on its own away from a BB/CA TF travelling with it and strays too close. It suffers from a surface engagement and then ends up too close to the base where only destroyers are present to defend. After a valiant effort I am lucky to escape with just the loss of the Zuikaku.

Australia: Have pulled back to Perth and evacuated most of the troops to defend the DEI at Koepang and other bases with half going to Java for a possible impending late war invasion. I have left a single unit in central Aus as a warning beacon and the west coast remains mine as I think Zulu thinks I am overpowered there or perhaps he doesn’t want to get encircled as earlier.

China: After regrouping and paying some PP to haul some divisions from Kwantung China is almost defeated. Surging Helens are bombing every day over Chunking where Zulu has the vast majority of LCU’s there as his last line.I,ve beaten the forts down to 1 and it is about to fall.

Gilberts/Marshals: Building of strong /supplied bases at Tarawa and Tabiteaua will hopefully make a costly endeavor if he decides to go that way.

New Guinea: After a blazing assault on Port Moresby the IJN once again proves its worth sinking numerous ships both in the invasion force and subsequent reinforcement TF’s,however defense was brutal and allied subs at that time were putting fish into everything they could see. The Kaga,Shokaku Hiryu and Hiyo all were damaged ,Kaga seriously and explosions on the other 2. All are safe,Hiryu is back in KB,Shokaku and Hiyo will be ready for action in less than a week and Kaga still has a few dents to knock out. I think my opponent believes a few of these to be sunk so I am keeping them a secret for now. Overall very happy.
Aluetions: Status quo,nothing major except a couple of skirmishes.

Plan Mid43 onward:
Not a whole lot of action as yet. Im hoping to delay my opponent by denying him ships with quick strikes as opposed to trying to hold a bunch of bases I,m not really interested in. My objective is to heavily fortify island chains closer to the home islands,and hopefully if I can wrap china up soon use some AV from there to help.

Economy: HI is alright with over 2 million in mid 43,supply and fuel (3.5 mil each)are good as there has been no attempt whatsoever to impede commerce by Zulu

Return to “After Action Reports”