Modding Component Type properties (eg armor piercing)

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Locarnus

Modding Component Type properties (eg armor piercing)

Post by Locarnus »

Hello,

I want to mod the "special properties" of some techs, like the armor piercing of projectile weapons, or the aim bonus for Phasors and so on.

I cant find them and without those, the tech tree modding possibilities are pretty narrow with regards to weapon diversity (aka pointless).
swizzlewizzle

RE: Modding Component Type properties (eg armor piercing)

Post by swizzlewizzle »

Yep, same here.. as far as I can see they decided to leave the special properties hard coded into the .exe for some reason... :( Guess we are limited to doing simple, basic number modifications and that's it... unless elliot adds some of this stuff in an upcoming patch.

**Edit: However, you *can* access special properties that are already in the game.. cannot modify the numeric value of it, but I believe you just have to set the type to 55 (weaponPhaser) or 57 (weaponRailGun) for instance to have them take on the same properties as those specific types of weapons (haven't tested this though.. but it makes sense in any case). Though, as you said, cannot modify the numeric value so.... :(

Return to “Design and Modding”