Scrolling up and to the left

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

wardchap

Scrolling up and to the left

Post by wardchap »

Just got Distant Worlds Universe. I am playing a game. Everything is fine. I am picking things up, and making progress. Then for no apparent reason the screen begins scrolling to the up left corner. It continues until it reaches the limit of the map. I can't select on anything in the map. I can still do somethings, respond to suggestions, view menus. I can even zoom in on ships or colonies, but then it begins scrolling to the top left. Then for no apparent reason it stops. I can play for a while, then it does it again.

Changing the scroll speed affects the speed. Right clicking the mouse stops the scroll, but then moving the mouse does not move the screen. Holding the right or down keys stops the scroll in the opposite direction.
Darkspire

RE: Scrolling up and to the left

Post by Darkspire »

Hello wardchap, welcome to the forums [:)]

That sounds like a problem with your mouse, has happened with a few folks in the past on here, check the buttons on your mouse are not sticking or if your on a laptop the mouse pad is enabled if your using a mouse.

Darkspire
Retreat1970

Post by Retreat1970 »

This is an old issue that doesn't affect everyone it seems. It happens to me right DW hits 1.2gb memory usage. Usually I have to exit game and restart. You wouldn't happen to be running Vista x64 would you?
wardchap

Post by wardchap »

Nope the mouse is fine. It even works perfectly as the game continues scrolling.

Thanks though.
wardchap

Post by wardchap »

Yes I am using Vista 64 bit operating system. Is there a fix?
Retreat1970

Post by Retreat1970 »

I thought you might be running Vista x64. It seems that there is a leak of some sort with Vista x64. I can load in a game at 700mb memory usage and as I play it creeps to 1.2gb. Then without fail the mouse fails and scrolls up and left. A game restart fixes this and I load a game back in at 700mb. Repeat.

There is no fix. It is frustrating. I have tried everything except changing my OS and I'm poor so that ain't happening soon :)
wardchap

Post by wardchap »

It is happening too often to reload each time. I put a ticket in. If there is no fix it is unplayable.
Retreat1970

Post by Retreat1970 »

For me, I have to restart the game. I can't just load a save game.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”