Fake Facebook voucher offer scam

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

zakblood

Post by zakblood »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-19375455

If you see a post on a friend's Facebook page offering you a £75 Tesco voucher, and think it's too good to be true - it is.

You are invited to share the offer on your Facebook page, and post the comment 'Thanks Tesco'.

The page that pops up when you click to claim the fake offer contains Tesco's logo, branding and company slogan.

But after posting to your own Facebook page, you are automatically redirected to another website.

Warned off
If you have anti-virus software, this is where you may be warned off.

But dozens of people have fallen for the sophisticated scam.

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
GaryChildress

RE: Fake Facebook voucher offer scam

Post by GaryChildress »

Hackers and scam artists have really destroyed the Internet. I don't dare DL anything from CNET anymore. I recently tried to DL Paint.NET and found out the programs has some malware tucked away in it. This is just ridiculous. effing hackers! Get a damn life and stop ruining the world around you. Losers.

Yes I know, a lot of good complaining does. [:@]
zakblood

RE: Fake Facebook voucher offer scam

Post by zakblood »

seems they make a cent or penny for each click or something and make loads on it, even when caught and jailed they seem to be better off than working for a living so can see why they do it tbh, but must agree with you on it tbh.

far too many idiots online for my liking [:@]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)

Return to “General Discussion”