Spaceport Income and other economy stuff

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies and ship designs with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

ReviewGameX27

Spaceport Income and other economy stuff

Post by ReviewGameX27 »

Hi,

1. Spaceport Income
I was wondering about the spaceport income. I am not sure what exactly is in it therefore I am not able to control is properly. Here is what I know so far or believe to know:

Most spaceport income comes NOT from ship production. I have a game where I produce 0 ships and still get 11k our of it.

It cant be a fee for ships using my spaceport. I mean why would my private ships pay my spaceport for docking when they bring in ressoruces that belong to me and that i use and that I charge them for later when they build ships? That would be stupid :-)

It cant be all fuel cost. My private ships have 1k fuel cost per year. But with 11k spaceport income it doesnt add up at all.

So my question is: What EXACTLY goes into spaceport income and it there a way to check it?
My theory, private ship maintance means they use my spaceport to repair their stuff and consume in the process ressources and that is what they pay. Can someone confirm that?

2. Culture and Planet development are the same?
It seems I cannot find planet developement. I only find the note symbol that says it is culture. But I believe in this game it is all the same, is it?
And then, this culture seems to stop at 110% tops for me. IS that when I have 10 luxus res.?

3. High demand ress cost sometimes less than low demand ress.
Is there a huge lag in price changes??

4. Why do my private companies pay for my mining and gas stations and why do they need to pay for the ressources from the later then? Are they just silly nice companies that hate money???

Thanks
Chris

Attachments
20140526_141739.jpg
20140526_141739.jpg (806.37 KiB) Viewed 281 times
Bingeling

RE: Spaceport Income and other economy stuff

Post by Bingeling »

From what I have understood, spaceport income is mostly the work done for your civilians. Civilian ship building including retrofits.

Culture and colony development should be the same.

A decent pop and 10 different luxuries for 100 development.
+10 (5+5) for access to two racial resources.
Some wonders built give a huge + to the colony.
If they got an ultra rare it should be +30, since it was 130 before the racial bonuses were added.
And add to that +development from a ruin on the planet/moon.

What goes on with money in trade, spaceport fees, fuel bills, is way too invisible for me to ever have noticed. I get money, and I spend it without worrying about why I got it...
Spacecadet

Post by Spacecadet »

I believe direct trade at a Spaceport is part of Spaceport income as well - think refueling and picking up resources to transport somewhere else.

The State pays to build the Mines, but then turn them over to the Private Sector to operate, maintain, and profit from.
CPU: Intel 2700K
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: GTX 970
Res: 1920 x 1200

Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

Are you sure state pay for the mines? I think I saw differently in Shadows beta.
Spacecadet

Post by Spacecadet »

State pays to build the Mines, but the Private pays for Maintenance.

The Maintenance aspect you can see in the picture above.

I don't remember if the right click shows the cost when building a Mine, but I don't believe any of this has changed from earlier versions.

Spacecadet

Post by Spacecadet »

Yeah, I just ran my Cash down and can confirm that Mines are still Built/Paid by State :

Attachments
Build_GasMine.jpg
Build_GasMine.jpg (216.58 KiB) Viewed 282 times

Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

I did have a quick look but needed a longer look. I will get back to that.

I guess the payment is when picking up or reserving resources, I did not see the cash move after stopping a constructor with mine order, and told it to build a different mine.
neofit

Post by neofit »

From what I understand, Space Port revenue is a percentage of the transactions that happen in the Commerce Center component at that station.

What I don't understand, is where taxes come from. If we take the example of the Allianz screenshot above, the 3361M on the colony have generated 13K in revenue. So we basically run our country based on taxing the income our citizens? But why don't we tax the private sector like every country does? Have the Citizens United proponents applied so much "free speech" that the politicians voted to remove taxes from corporations? So much untapped potential! :)
thefinn12345

Post by thefinn12345 »

Can you put multiple economic modules on a spaceport/starbase and get more income ?
ehsumrell1

Post by ehsumrell1 »

ORIGINAL: thefinn

Can you put multiple economic modules on a spaceport/starbase and get more income ?
The Commerce Centers do not stack. You only need one.
Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...

Return to “The War Room”